Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello
    I've made a new design my site(Again), and i'm wondering what people think...
    It also has pop-down menus done in Fireworks.
    http://jsdesign.wammy.net/nsd
    (NOTE:It is only a BETA version, the links do not work.)
    Please post below with a score /10, and any comments.
    Thanks

I found these threads that look to be similar to yours. Do any of them help?

If they don't a human will be along soon anyway to help you out more.

Member #
    3 out of 10

the centered layouts looks very amature, like its not designed, more just thrown in. you need to design the space of the content, not just throw it in there

the use of such blatant stock photos is bad. also the captions are completely out of place, and dont even seem to refer to the pictures they are captioning. captions need to be a different size than the body text, also they should align with the picture one way or another, these do neither

the tagline 'the next generation...' should not be centered along with the content, nor should it be the same size font, or even neccesarily the same font.

the horizontal graphic at the top feels too dim and undersaturated. needs to be brightened up

i assume that the actual text content is just filler for design purposes, if not, im dying to know how you intend to make money offering all those services for free.

in my opnion you should never have a homepage to a site like this that is more than one screen high - i dont want to scroll unless there is a good reason, and, there isn't.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I'll give it a 2 out of 10.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the stock photos (it seems to be the professional trend these days and I figure go with it). There shouldn't be a border around them though, and the captions should make sense as was pointed out earlier.

I would also like to know how you plan to make money designing sites for free. (Quite frankly, I don't believe that claim.) You should also register a domain name for your site as well.

Change the copyright info to 2003 too. It's kind of hard to copyright a design to 2004 when it's not even 2004 yet.

Spell-check and grammar-check your site. There are some rather glaring errors in spelling and punctuation on your home page.

I do like the pop-down menus and the dark text on light background; however, the last pop-down menu isn't left-aligned to its parent menu item.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

OFS
    Member #
    I think there is some good feedback here. You have a base to start with and you obviously have an idea of what you want.

I would just go over some of the suggestions and then work from there. You have a good design program to work with fireworks you said, and you obviously have access to some sort of image base, so just play around a bit, modernize the look and I am sure you can come up with a pretty good reworked product, if you decide to go that route.
    A new horizon in hosting.
    Hosting, Reseller services
    OFSHosting.com

Remove Ads