Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

www.fmdstudios.com

I've finally 'finished' the redesign of my site so it's time for me to receive some critique on here so I can make it better

Member #
    OK, some critiques....

First off I would pull out the old spell checker and give your site a once over, you have mispelled "Optimization" right on the front page... after closer inspection there are similar spelling errors through out the site.

There are broken links, for example:
    Services > Web Design > Learn More
    Services > Print Design > Learn More
    Services > E Marketing > Learn More

Your portfolio, only shows two projects, to view more brings up a page not found.

In the professional industry any portfolio site that contains this many broken links will seriously hamper your business, it looks unfinished... I would suggest going through and making sure everything is working before you promote this. Also I am not a fan of the red form fields... red is hard on the eye as it is.
    Visit me at www.frogontop.com

Member #
    some of the red is kinda over whelming or however u speel it and is not to friendly to my eyes and i dont understand why there are peppers for ur portfolio image thing

Member #
    I agree that the red form fields are very hard on the eyes.I would use just plain white if it was me.
    I'm not a big fan of the color red,(just a personal preference) but I think the rest of the site is layed out very nicely. I like the different pics that load on your home page.I also really like the bold simple photos you use on most of your pages, however I would maybe change the one you have titled "services" since it seems a little out of place with the rest of your theme you have going.
    The last thing I would do is add titles to all your pages since your contact page just says "untitled document" .It will give the site a "completed" feel and also help you with search engines.
    Good job though on the site, overall I would say its really good.
    LooseCannon Design
    Friendly, affordable webdesign.

Member #
    Looks good overall, other than most of the links being broken, but that has nothing to do with the design

I agree with everyone else on the red form fields comment. Its very hard on the eyes, other than that though, its a nice site.
    spiral.alchemy
    graphic and web design portfolio

Member #
    Your 'contacts' page has a shorter navigation bar than every other page and causes that anoying shifting effect; a simple bit of movement is enough to draw users eyes away from what's important, just as correctly used animation can grab wanted attention.

There's no need to include square brackets around links for the sake of it, the change in colour is enough to set it apart from body text and identify it's a link.

You'll learn alot about the concept of 'white space' by reading this article or searching for similar ones on the web... to sum things up justified text sucks and include plenty of empty white space around your text.

You will want to maintain the same alignment and margins from page to page, it's most noticable on the right side but also applys to the left. The way you alternate the side in which to display the main page graphics adds inconsistency in terms of where people expect content to be.

Some things to think about, but looking good.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by FrogOnTop
    OK, some critiques....

First off I would pull out the old spell checker and give your site a once over, you have mispelled "Optimization" right on the front page... after closer inspection there are similar spelling errors through out the site.
    That's the anglicised version of 'Optimization' as I am english :-P. The broken links will be fixed soon, the pages just have to be designed yet naturally I wouldn't expect to show this broken version to prospective clients.

Thanks also for clearing up the red form field for me too, I was unsure about whether to keep it or sling it in the first place.

Thanks for the critique as always guys

Member #
    Upon first impression. Wow!

I really like the front page, though your choice of colours is a little... unusual . I'm not too keen on the grey font used in the main image, nor am I fond of the red/grey header mix. I would keep that to just red.

Also don't forget to keep to one font throughout. I will also note that you have no <title> tags.

I would try and normalise the gaps above and below your headers, as on your concept page most noticeably, there are differentiating heights down the page.

As for the contact form, I would get rid of the old fashioned border style and so for a single line with a more readable background colour.

3/5 overall, I like it!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Finally, you have got yourself a domain name. I have to say I am very pleased to see it.
    The design is a lot better then your previous design. I think it is quite good. Nice and colourful.
    I agree with most of what has been said above in terms of improvement.

Nice one,
    Dan.

Member #

Well, I think you should throw in shades of red used with white rather than the grays.. The contact fields are a bit of an eyesore, but maybe a lighter shade of red... or a very very very faint gray could be used to distinguish the fields apart from the page background images/color. I don't know... I've only done one site myself... and I'm still building it!! Looking good though.
    SORIA Inc. My First Stab At Creating A Site...

Remove Ads