Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://sconner.net

For those who seen my older version of the website (the dark one) I've made an enhanced version until I finish v4

It's fairly simple, but it's only temp. What do you think?

http://sconner.net

Member #
    It's nicer, but I'mn not too fond of the navigation rollover effect, while I am finding the body text doesn't have quite enough contrast with the background. 2/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Let's have a sujestion as to what color then? 2/5 is a bit harsh I think though..

Member #
    I would personally suggest lightening up the background of the body section, as well as possibly lightening the page background itself to draw more attention to the body text.

I would also experiment with using Verdana as a font to see if that made it slightly more readable.

The reason for my 2/5 was not just because of the things I mentioned in the above post. There are other factors:
    • I don't like the lack of other colours in the design. Personally I would try and put some colour, possibly into the different parts of the header.
    • I think the splash page is not required, as the site isn't flash based, and they are another barrier between the user and the website, possbly reducing visitor numbers and damaging Search Engine Rankings.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    So just because have a splash page means my site should be in flash? I don't think so...

Member #
    no but the splash page is useless doesnt really serve to much of a purpose the main reason spash pages r used is usually flash websites or those clan sites when u can choose to visit the site or forums.. or sites with frames/non-frames

Member #
    I always use a splash page, I don't see the problem in using one to be honnest.

Member #
    spash pages are a good example of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

What purpose is the page serving? Its forcing your visitors to click an extra time to enter the site. Why? I could see if you were using the splash page as a news page, but you aren't. It just seems rather useless to me.

The design is decent though, its clean, but not very attention grabbing. Theres a real lack of any color and the grey is rather plain. Maybe you should try adding some graphic links to your portfolio on the right side, just to brighten up the page.

Other than that, its nice.
    spiral.alchemy
    graphic and web design portfolio

Member #
    Yea Spiral, it's only a temp site, until I finish the current one I'm making, lol, it's full of color, www.sconner.net/v4 <- lol It's only a 'splash' page but that's only used as an example for what color will be used.

Member #
    Orange is awesome. trustme
    spiral.alchemy
    graphic and web design portfolio

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads