Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Concept Drawing

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

comments?

current site: http://demogame.civfanatics.net/civ3/html/index.html

Civ (Civilization 3), is a turn-based computer game. At the fansite for the game they have this thing called a Democracy Game (DG) which a group plays one game and it decides what to do thru polls and ministrys and whatnot (this is done thru the forums, the site is for info etc.) . The civilization they are playing is Japan, thus I made the main colour red (from japan's flag) and the link colour a harmony to red.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -GeZe

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Is there any other background information as to why this design was chosen? It is a radical deviation from the orgional design. Was it chosen by the client or just a design you are planning in presenting? I do not know your client(s) but from past experiances designing gaming sites, a design like this would be shot down in an instant. Almost always the site needs to obviously tie into the game. And this one does not.

You say you used red as a main color but I see it as an accent. Plus I personally do not associate red with japan unless I am set up by another hint to think of it that way. So that meaning will likly be lost. You can do that by incoprerating images and/or shapes(such as the rising sun) to hint at your vision and make it more obvious. But even that might not be enough, you are probably going to have to give it a 'Civilization game flavor' so visiters will be able to recognize it.

Right now your design is very clean and streightforward but it looks too steril and uninspired for the subject it is trying to portey. I am a huge fan of minimalist design, and because of that I personaly like your design. But taking into account your subject matter I dont think it fits very well.

As a side note Japan is known for minimilst design, and that might also be where this is headed. Make it more obvious in your design that this is a site about DG5 witch is a team in the Civilazation game environment, and not some other generic design, and I think this will turn out very well.

Member #
    well, this is half screwing around, half maybe for real, I got tired posting my drawings in the "Starting Out" section.

Ya a photo would be nice. hmmmm, somthing to tie in with game.

Its not really a gaming site, its hard to explian.
    -GeZe

Member #
    If it wasn't a gaming site (sortof) how would you like the design.
    -GeZe

Remove Ads