Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

NEED YOUR OPINION....

Shoud i keep my site how it is now... w/ the google ads along the right column:

http://www.ewebdevelopment.net

OR...

Should i change it like this:

http://www.ewebdevelopment.net/REDO.htm

... and have the google ads along the bottom.
    Where it says "TEST TEST TEST TEST" I can have a feature site listing or osmething for the current project we're working on..

what do you think?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Why in the world would you put google ads there anyway? When people click them they're leaving your site. Mean you're loosing money.

Get rid of them.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Brak
    Why in the world would you put google ads there anyway? When people click them they're leaving your site. Mean you're loosing money.

Get rid of them.

People are going to shop around anyways...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That's not the point. You should be doing your best to set yourself apart from the competition, not advertise for them!!

For example, would you expect to see a big sign in Pizza Hut advertising "SPECIAL BUY ONE GET ONE FREE AT DOMINOS JUST AROUND THE CORNER" ? How often do you hear salsepeople say "Well thanks for your time, by the way - I've taken the time to put together a list of my competitors. Here are their names, phone numbers, and addresses. Please do shop around"

To me it seems like you're so underconfident in your work that you need to use your design site to sell ads instead of design.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    opinion

I agree with Brak on this one but for other reasons. He is right that something like that will make people leave your site, but it can help your page ranking, and that drives more people to your site.

But I will still say loose it. Put things there you are interested in(and of course relate to the content of your site). Maybe if you have some accomplishements you are proud of, put them there. As long as it links to other sites, it will help your page ranking. But this way you can control where the links go. But I just don't like those Google ads, they work as great fillers but you loose a little control over your site.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Brak
    That's not the point. You should be doing your best to set yourself apart from the competition, not advertise for them!!

For example, would you expect to see a big sign in Pizza Hut advertising "SPECIAL BUY ONE GET ONE FREE AT DOMINOS JUST AROUND THE CORNER" ? How often do you hear salsepeople say "Well thanks for your time, by the way - I've taken the time to put together a list of my competitors. Here are their names, phone numbers, and addresses. Please do shop around"

To me it seems like you're so underconfident in your work that you need to use your design site to sell ads instead of design.
    Hmm, don't get me wrong... I clearly see where you are coming from and do agree with you. BUT... I think a client is going to judge whether they want your services upon viewing your initial company website and your portfolio. I try to filter my competitor sites out anyways.

There are a lot of web design companys that display google ads. Here are 4 that rank in the top 20 for google. Some of these sites have a lot of crappy content shoved into their sites and deff. dont' look too "professional" as a company... but u get my point.

http://www.floridadesigns.com/
    http://www.xemion.com/
    http://www.hooverwebdesign.com/webservice.html
    http://www.webdesignsbyjeffrey.com/

P.S. - Do you really think a customer who most likely knows nothing about internet advertising, web design, etc. is going to see google ads and say "gee they aren't too confident, why the hell are they advertising... i better forget thsi company!"... Probably not! But yet, who am I to say...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnerp
    I agree with Brak on this one but for other reasons. He is right that something like that will make people leave your site, but it can help your page ranking, and that drives more people to your site.

But I will still say loose it. Put things there you are interested in(and of course relate to the content of your site). Maybe if you have some accomplishements you are proud of, put them there. As long as it links to other sites, it will help your page ranking. But this way you can control where the links go. But I just don't like those Google ads, they work as great fillers but you loose a little control over your site.
    Yea that's another good point. With google ads on my site, I find that googlebot visits my site atleast twice a day.

Member #
    Actually I would remove it but its ok like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnerp
    Actually I would remove it but its ok like this.
    Which style do you like best? How it is now, or how it is here:

www.ewebdevelopment.net/REDO.htm

Member #
    With teh right formatting I like the REDO better. But it isn't really a matter of how it will look, it is more on if you want it there.

You seem to want to put the google ads there. If you want that, do it. It won't make your site look any worse. But I just never like to put anything on my sites that I don't control. I'm not a control freak or anything, just something I don't like.

To your reply to Braks post that other sites have it, looking at other sites is only good to find out what not to do. That those sites have it doens't mean its ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads