Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hows my site?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just simply want to know if you guys see anything wrong with it. The site opened a few days ago and it atleast seems like its running smoothly. If there is anything you guys see wrong or have any suggestions to improve it please let me know. http://www.darkalter.com

Member #
    I don't like the idea of a splash page, purely for Search Engine Optimization purposes, as well as it being a barrier between the user and your content.

In the main site, I would like to some increases in the font size, as although it is just about readable, it is easier to read if it is slightly larger.

The navigation needs to stand out as being navigation, so links that are the same colour as text isn't a good idea. They need to be at least a different colour as standard, with possibly an underline or similar too.

Other than that, I'm not really too fond on the colour scheme used, possibly adding a few more colours in would be nice . 3/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    its ok some things need work like ur spacing between content and whatnot and the background squares hurt my eyes when I scroll

Member #
    Agreeing with Justlivyalife's points I'd like to add a few more pointers.

First I'm not sure if this look is entirely suited to a design consultancy, it looks like a games forum based on PHPnuke or a similar CMS and seems a little too generic for me. Try and find a unique design that is the epitomy of your company.

Next you need to spell check your copy, there are quite a few spelling and grammar errors. Also don't put the prices of your previous projects in your portfolio, otherwise you're unlikely to earn much more than the $50 there atm and you may also attract 'on spec' work.

Get rid of the shoutbox, it's a business site; not a meeting place for your mates - make a personal blog for that kind of stuff.

Last comment would be to get rid of the ads and affiliates, not only do they lead people to other companies but it looks like you don't make enough to run your site. (Even if you don't you should be able to get a year's costs from one project).

Remove Ads