Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

How is my image selection and touch-up looking? I need it very professional, also, how is the layout on the pages looking?

http://www.soriainc.com
    SORIA Inc. My First Stab At Creating A Site...

Member #
    On some of your pages you display page copy in Verdana and others it changes to Times, keep things consistent and use either one or the other. Keeping in mind verdana is more legible on screen and presents the more clean, modern and professional image.

I don't think there's any need for a novelty digital clock script, it clutters the page and does its bit to add longer load times. I would class this in the same league as hit counters/page transition effects etc.

In general, if text is to look good and be easily readable it needs plenty of empty space around it. On your drop-down menus the text starts exactly next to the border; it would look better with a 10-20 pixel indentation from the sides. You might also consider distributing the space evenly by centre aligning the text links verticaly within each cell.

On your index.html page you have a number of incorrectly nested/surplus tags towards the beggining of the page. The order should go as:

• Doctype
    • <html>
    • <head>
    • <body>... etc

Just pointing out some of the main things. Overall not bad, needs some basic adjustments to improve upon things.

Member #
    I tend to go a bit against the mainstream, so take the below with a grain of salt.

I'm a sucker for drop shadows. It adds a bit of a 3D feel, and makes the image float and stand out from the surrounding backdrop.
    However, when you have jagged edges, as you do in your 'rounded-corner-rectangular' clips (the curves at the corners are not smooth), the drop shadow looks odd.

A descriptive metaphore would be a piece of furniture (made in wood) that is complex, yet perfectly shaped and curved, topped off with a tripple layer of clear varnish to promote the craftmanship below. If the piece of furniture had the same perfectioned varnish but the woodcarving itself was amateurish, crude and half-finished, it would only accentuate the poor craftmanship rather than lifting the details of perfection. Same goes for drop shadows.

Your organizational charts are flat and simple (per definition), and hence looks odd and cluttered with drop shadows.

-------------

I like your menu buttons (and hover effect), but the accompanying drop-down menu boxes does not share the same design. They extend beyond the parent buttons borders, and have a flat unappealing 2D appearance, compared to the 3D button above. Having the subsequent (menu)text align to the extreme left, accentuates the problem. Having a bit more 3D look to the borders surrounding the drop down items, combined with a slightly darker drop-down-menu-background color, would alleviate some of the problem.

However, feel free to totally disagree with me.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    1. The top and left margins are very large.
    2. The site doesn't fit in an 800x600 window.
    3. The buildings look cool, but the rest of the gradients around the site look very amateurish.
    4. In Mozilla, your dropdown menus don't fold up after removing the mouse from them.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Having taken a look at your site, I'd couldn't add anything to what's been written in the preceding messages.

I wasn't sure whether the webpages were for real or a spoof, though. I thought they looked OK (apart from the caveats about the 'flat' dropdowns) but the content was some of the most amusing stuff I've seen in ages.
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sarab
    Having taken a look at your site, I'd couldn't add anything to what's been written in the preceding messages.

I wasn't sure whether the webpages were for real or a spoof, though. I thought they looked OK (apart from the caveats about the 'flat' dropdowns) but the content was some of the most amusing stuff I've seen in ages.
    It's a governments website... the concept is really nice actually and I think something that is in great need for our armed forces. The military still uses very archaic methods to tackle logistics. The company is offering a means for a much more up to date method, a middle man really with a great understanding of both sides of what has to be done. I think it's nice... can I stick images into those dropdowns? Is there a way? To make each dropdown menu an image then just make those rollovers? I'll just have a preloader in the index for all of the images. 99 percent of the people that will be viewing this site are on gov't connections, so I didn't have to worry about keeping file size down too much, but I did try my best.
    SORIA Inc. My First Stab At Creating A Site...

Remove Ads