Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Good day.

I would really appreciate it if you guys can tell me how to improve for www.science3.net.

You see, I am supposed to submit this site for my school's webdesign contest, however, I am better at coding than designs
    and that is about as good as I can make it.

I am sorry that I had to make some of the content in chinese (the judges are chinese).

Thanks for helping me!

Member #
    First off, it would be better if you had everything centered. Next how large is that Flash banner? I am on dial-up, so i don't expect it to load right away, but for it to stay at 2% for 10 min is way too long. Other thrn those things, it looks pretty nice.

Member #
    Hi.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will think about it.

The flash banner is about 2mb (gotta think of how to make it smaller). The slow load time is probably due to server problems. That should be fixed acter sometime...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I got the same slow load time problem (Firefox on dial-up).

Q: Is the flash banner worth alienating a number of users? What's it do - (just in case it never finishes loading, or I get impatient with waiting)?

And I was getting a problem with your top navigation in Firefox. Hovering over the tab would show a drop-down menu about halfway down the page, but trying to click on any choices was impossible, since moving the cursor away from the tab made the drop-down disappear.

Frustrating for the user... aranoid:
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh yes; I had meant to add that if you want to improve your site, concentrate more on the content (which involves visitors) and less on the 'flash'. That's certainly what would make things better from my POV...
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Hi.

Thanks for the suggestions sarab, but to clarify things, this site is meant for a website making contest held by my school. It is stated clearly in the rules that the testing machine will be a computer running windows, 800x600pixels and the newest version of IE.

As for the flash, I had to put it in due to the large proportion of the marks dedicated to flash animation. Rules also stated clrealy that load times will not be taken into account. Besides, the school's connection is fast enough

However, I do agree that the flash does takes a long time to load. I will see what I can do about it.

And yes, I'll work hard on the content.

Again, thanks for the suggestion, you've been most helpful.

Remove Ads