Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I want to know if someone could help me with my site? I also need to know what I should change. My graphics aren't the best though cause I am using some sucky program for a few months. My site is here
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    Your site is not that bad. Just a few suggestions:

1. I like your title graphic. It would look better if you set your margins to 0, like this: <body topmargin=0 leftmargin=0>. Doing that will align the image to the edge of the screen and get rid of the white margins.

2. To minimize the white space between your title graphic and body text, I suggest moving the body text upwards.

3. To add some visual interest, I suggest coloring the left menu column. Make sure it's a color that comes directly out of your title graphic, like #D6D9EA or #BEC1C8 or something.

4. The blue News image looks out of place.

5. News headlines and dates should be set apart from the rest of your text. Boldface, different color, etc. Also, make your e-mail address an actual link. It'll save your visitors time

6. On your subpages, the section title graphics should not rival with the main header graphic.

7. I suggest stabilizing the page with some kind of footer. Copyright info, contact info, etc. Just like you see on many sites!

I'm sorry if this seems like a lot. I'm just a picky person.
    The hardest thing about the world is to live in it. (Buffy).

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    8. Get rid of Geocities so your users aren't scared away by the popups.

9. In the title image the box with the platform names is misleading: I expected it to be a list of clickable platforms like a menu.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Forgot:

10. Change the <title> to match your content. Your Google ranking will be through the floor if you keep it as just "Index."

Member #
    Geocities kind of does suck. I stopped doing HTML for like 4 months and this I am just using this way to get around the problem till I remember what I already learned again. I am using pagebuilder so I can't do all the detailed changes that michieepoo said. Filburt can you get on AIM? BTW, I tried making the button things clickable. I got it to work on my ducuments page but when I got on the internet it didn't do anything.
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Sorry but I only use AIM for people I know in real life (i.e. work and school).

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Real...life...people? Your ways are foreign to me, brother filburt.

I would add a colour for the background so that your text doesn't appear quite as narrow in comparison. That whole right side is so white and...white.

Not a bad start though!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    try setting the horizotnal and vertical margin to "o"

Remove Ads