Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I was just wondering if people could give me their opinion to the graphics and layout so far of my website, the test site is up at www.mod-review.net/victim/ Also i would be grateful for any ideas on showing the content in the main area (such as metalic frames etc)
    One more thing if any people want a logo created for free just ask me and i'll be happy to help out.

Thanks
    Pricey

Member #
    First, black went out (never to return again) years ago. Black is very unprofessional, it's the colour of dodgy web-page creation tools in 2000, and should certainly not be used on a design site.

Click to enter. Why? Absolutely unnecessary. Just makes users have to navigate through an extra page, increasing time and effort. Annoying. And the word click. You can presume everyone visiting your site knows how use a computer and the web, so you don't need to label links "click to download" etc.

You're using images for text. Why? It increases page-load time, and means you can't select the text. Also, you haven't included alt text with your images, so users using non-text browsers (such as blind users) will be unable to use your site. The Olympics commitee were forced to payout a large sum to a blind user in 2000 for this reason.

You haven't yet got a <title> element, it just displays Untitled Document.

You're using tables. Bad. Use the <div> element, and CSS. You are using some <div> and CSS, good thing, but you've still got some style attributes about, specifically "bordercolor="#FFFFFF"" about 20 times. This is completely unnecessary. Just add TD {border: 0;} to your CSS and you could half your filesize.

To sum this up, your page doesn't validate.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...ictim/test.php

Member #
    Points taken, thanks for the constructive critisism. Personally I like the black, not too sure bout other people. If i went for say baby blue it wouldn't have quite the same effect, at least IMO.

As I said in my original post this is just a preliminary layout and there is a lot of cleaning up to do i.e the test.php

On the images for texts, I have done this as I needed them as graphics and will be the only graphic texts on the page (excluding the logo) and are only 1kb each.

On the Enter page, that is there as a placeholder as i'm currently working on a flash movie for there...

Anyway to cap off this is only basic stuff an I have yet to get round to the nitty gritty

Thanks again
    Pricey

Member #
    those black dots on the text is ugly but thats jmo

and black is good if used in praportion and not the whole site in black

Member #
    OK thanks, any ideas on content showing in main area?

Member #
    there is no content

actually there is this

E

ditRegion3ggh

(I highlighted the whole page and I saw that lol)

Member #
    Reserve your fruity display fonts for your header; using it on everything looks amateur. Not to mention you simply can't read them easily at small sizes. A similar principle should apply to not over using cheap bevel/shadow effects etc.

For larger resolutions you need a confining <td> / <div> to wrap your navigation items together. At the moment they float apart, it messes the layout alignment and makes reading the navigation items strenuous.

(see attached screenshot)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove Ads