Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone!

I am trying to pay for my webserver by advertisments from google and I am currently getting about 30 visitors per day. Unfortuantely, no one is clicking on any advertisment. Is there anything I could do to improve on my design which makes ppl more likely to click on it?

I would also be interested on your first impression of my site.

http://biology.bluhm-it.com

Thanks a lot

Bluhm

Member #
    I'm sure Google allow you to style their ads in a way that will still conform to your own sites design. So this is a good place to start, replace the dull shade of navy with a shade of blue that's already used within your layout.

Red is one the most provocative colours you can use... vivid, powerful and attention grabbing. You can re-colour the default blue links with red so they're a more prominent part of your site. Warm colours also have the illusion of looking closer to you than cooler colours.

You can reclaim some valuable white space by removing the grey back-drop and top/bottom navy border because it's really only adding to surplus page clutter.

(I've uploaded a mock-up for you to see, note it's entirely your decision to go with any suggestions)

In general there were two things which stood out that you should greatly consider amending. The first of these is leading/line-height, 130% is the optimum reading value, from there to say around 140% allows you to create an airy or sophisticated feeling to a page. Once you start going over that you significantly decrease readability as your eyes have to work harder to find the next line of text, as a result they tire much quicker than normal and people will read less of your content. :tired:

This is out of personal preference, but I found the main page title '(QOA) Human Biology Help' irritating/distracting. The blocks of blue around every letter seem crude and unnecessary; the large letter-spacing doesn't look too good either. :cross-eyed:

Hope this feedback was useful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I clicked your ad...

Member #
    @ Trico
    Your feedback was more than useful! I completely agree that the line-height was far too big, but I didn't know which size might have been the optimum value. After trying it out, 130% seems perfect to me and your suggestions for the google ads convinced me a lot.

I am not quite sure about the title though. I thought it might look better than putting my title in a normal font and I don't want any pictures as a title because of the long loading time.

Thanks a lot for your help!

@ tibberous
    Thanks for clicking on my ad :-)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    it needs more images and a more colorful layout.
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Remove Ads