Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everyone, I am in the process of designing a bodybuilding, fitness, and nutrition web site for a client which features a forum and online supplement store. I'm in the early stages of development, but I would appreciate if you could share your comments and suggestions.

URL: http://www.trophybody.com

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Brian

Member #
    I like the layout a lot, the orange and grey do contrast quite a bit though. maybe seperating your navigation and content more would look nice also, otherwise great site :P

Member #
    The splash page looks pretty ugly, you would get better results if you took the time to re-draw them as proper vectors or maybe even a soft focus on the original image. The roudned corners are very jagged and don't transition into the sides smoothly.

Things to consider:

• Centre the text within the black sub headings. You may wish to wrap them in <h3>tags</h3> and restyle with CSS for SEO purposes.
    • There's no harm including the word 'copyright' within your footer statement.
    • Consider removing the rounded corners on your inner content column. Almost every other part of the page has clean, sharp sides; some things just aren't meant to be mixed.
    • The grey background is dull, boring and doesn't particularly match any other colours used within the page. Have you tried dark brown?
    • Although your content boxes are in alignment with each other don't neglect the actual content withinside them. (see attached image.)
    • When you get to the point where you're placing boxes in more boxes: you're wasting space, reducing the positive effects of 'negative space' and creating more visual clutter. Take the photographs in the main header or the white backdrop for example.
    • Photos generaly compress better and produce a nicer output with .jpg than that of the .gif format.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I like how you made the people in the splash page look like trophies. I think you really need to milk that idea to its fullest.. I just wish you had carried it to the rest of the stie. Look at the Home Depot site You see how throughout their site they have the overhead shots of verious people? I think the same idea could be carried over to this site with the 'trouphy body concept'. For example pick a pose that you could consistiantly get people to stand in and take their photo. Then transform the images into the trouphy look and incorporate them thoughout the site. This will help unify the site and is an excellent play off the name of the site AND is something that many people who would shop for these products could relate to. The color scheme would have to be refined as well as many other elements to get this to really take off but I see alot of potential here.

Remove Ads