Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: new site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

i've put a new site, although it is temporary.

before anyone says anything, i realize the scrollbars are all stupid in mozilla. my target audience will be using ie more often than not since everyone locally is pretty computer illiterate.

other than that, everything is good to go.

http://www.peerlessperfection.com

for the record, no it doesn't validate *yet*, and no i haven't done any seo or other types of marketing.

Member #
    I'm not too sure on the whole scrolly div/iframe thing to be honst. Sure it looks cool, but it is usable?

The images at the bottom have rather unreadable text on them, while the main body text is a little light compared to the dark(ish) background.

3/5 overall
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    any suggestions? what could i put instead of those scroll bars?

Member #
    I'm not really sure, but I'm not too fond of the main image that repeats itself on every page at the bottom. I think it may be better if the content stretched down instead of being restricted to that partiocular section, having possibly just a smaller image on the left hand side instead of a large one (at the bottom). If the pages are excessively longer, then you could split it up into sections. (I'm not saying I don't like the scrollbars, I just don't feel that they are 'usable' enough).
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    well to be honest the scrollbars are sort of whack, but whatever i guess... it is just temp, after all.

thanks for advice, though. i will see what i can do.

Member #
    I like it! Looks like it was sorta done in flash which is good imo

I dont really like the gradient rollovers and I had no clue what the Log into the account thing was until I ran the mouse over it adn read the lil message

Member #
    the login thing is supposed to be only for people that need it and know it's there.

i'm thinking of changing the button rollovers, not quite sure to what though.

i tried to make it look good without any flash at all. my next site will be mostly flash but for now i thought it would be good to go without it.

thanks for all comments

Remove Ads