Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Opinions people

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.satelliteonline.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

before i add any content...is there anything you think i should change...come on get those teeth out

Member #
    It doesn't fit at all on 800-600 res. It takes a while to load. What's going to happen when you have too much content in the content section? Is it gonna seperate the borders? That's no good... I don't know that the 'news' and 'information' titles are really necessary. Especially, since they're all the same. That's about it..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    asdf

well...theres my first BIG mistake in web design...alot of people have 800x600 resolution...god dammit...

First off if you were in my position what would u do? change the site size to 800x600 i take it...but if the site was in800x600 is there a way for 1024 users to view the page as it would be if it was actually 1024? it sounds like a job for javascript :<

When i add content it won't seperate the borders because i'm gonna use an iframe.

In regards to the News and Informaion bit...what would u rather see? (a serious question). If u had to keep the boxes they're in what would u put instead of news and info...and would it change for each page?

As for the loading time, would it shorten if the site was in 800x600 resolution? also i read an article on slimlining so all in good time.

Member #
    asdf

hmm i looked at your site...if u know a way to have it zoom for 1024 users then please tell, if not how did u get your site to center when viewed in 1024?

Member #
    My site isn't a graphic template like yours. To center it you just have to surround the whole site in a table, like this
    Code:
    <table border="0" cellspacing="0 cellpadding="0" width="100%">
    <tr>
    <td align="center">
    ...content...
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    You can also do it with CSS. You could look up some tutorials.. That's how I did it with http://www.articles.chaosconcepts.net
    To lower the size you can just lower the size of you PSD, then save as web again.. That could be too much work.. You can also change image sizes by changing the height and width attributes in the img element. I don't know how popular that idea is..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.

Member #
    It's good practice to make your websites 760 px so it will fit in 800-600...leave 20 for scrollbars and a little extra ..

Member #
    asdf

Well i've resized, resaved, and started afresh. having the size a bit smaller than 800 (eg. 780) is a good idea. Do you know of a way in photoshop to make the slices move with the object when resizing? that would save alot of hassle.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to make an 800x600 layout appear like a 1024x768 layout, to 1024 users...please tell.

thx for the help Physt

Member #
    If you know javascript you can change the size depending on the res. I don't know the exact code atm..No, I don't know how to move the slices with resize... I don't do photoshop templates very often..

Member #
    asdf

No problem...i just cut some 10px worth of canvas off each side.

I'll have a look for the JS code tho...if not, i'll use the method u suggested...i'm just concerned it'll look too small in 1024 res. :<

thx again for the help

Remove Ads