Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I just launched this site and welcome any comments.
    it's mostly flash and broadband helps (but is not necessary)
    There's a LITE version with just the HTML stuff -> it's not quite equivalent yet though.
    www.jamesraymond.com
    Thanks.

Member #
    the fonts just dont seem to want to play nice. thats my only suggestion and a little more work to the html side other then that. i loved the music of the links. and the design aspect.

Member #
    Okay, so I've got some slight glare from the sun, but apart from the text I can barely see a thing. What's worse, when I sheild the screen it doesn't particularly look any better; not such a great design.

[Edit]
    Ah, yes I see how that's confusing; I'm not so much talking about the lens flare on your splash screen, but the light that was physicaly coming in through my window next to my computer.

It's slightly easier to see at night, the soft focus/colour washed effects didn't help though. If you think about things carefuly, contrast is one of the aspects that entices you to be interested in a design. Not being able to read the title until you rollover it can have a negative effect.

...but still it has to be asked, how many people are going to view your site in a pitch black cave?
    [/Edit]

Member #
    Loved the intro. Nice ActionScripting... Agree with Trico: too dark. it's hard to read the stuff in there. I didn't naturally find the HTML version, since I often just look past the dark elements on intro pages, since they are mostly ads or just irrelevant. If they don't show...
    Also, when clicking a link that leads out of the flash document, make the user notice it does so. Like the forums. Maybe a fancy icon instead, next to the text showing On Rollover?

//Henke

Member #
    The Darkness - "I believe in a thing called light"

I'm getting a lot of these dark comments - so I'm going to have to re-work that. My client and I both have the same PowerBook computer and they both show everything very bright.
    The buttons do have optional labels that can be turned on using the "i" to the left of all the buttons (although I don't think anyone has found this on their own so I need to make it an eye icon or something)
    I know this is blasphemy here -> but the html only page was an after thought. I'm planning on doing ALOT more to it in the next couple weeks, along with completely skinning the forum from scratch for the first time.
    Thanks for the comments.
    I will soon "bring the light" - I promise
    mike

Remove Ads