Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Hyo
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

First of all, hello everyone! I'm new to this board. My name is Hyo, and I happen to be a WebDesigner myself (or so I like to think. ).
    Anyway, I wanted to share my site with you all and get some feedback on it. Any type of criticism is okay! I want to make my site better, and I need some one to criticize it!
    My site is called Suzaku no Tsubasa // WebDesigns & DigitalMedia (It means "Phoenix's Wings" in japanese).

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot here.

Sore Ja!

Hyo.

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hello Hyo

welcome to WDF

I like your site, but i am not too keen on the light on dark colour sceme, but that is just a personal preference.

The only real criticisms i have of your site is that the title is quite hard to read and that some of the links on the menu are on a seperate line to their bullets (in 800 x 600 reso anyway)
    JR

Hyo
    Member #
    Yes, I am aware of the menu problem when viewed in 800x600 or less. About the top logo, yeah, I really did not intend that it was all that "readable" in the first place. That's why there's a text below the top banner that says the name of the site. The only reason I made that banner is because it looks really nice! ^_^
    Also, mind that in 1024x768 it's actually readable. Probably on 800x600 it is not.
    I'm going to make an 800x600 version when I find the time to do so. ^_^
    Thanks for the ideas and criticism!

Member #
    nice site, i like the graphics. one thing I'm not a fan of is the border around your main content. The first box of content looks akward with black, grey, then more black outline. Also, is all of your text in italics? It's a little hard to read.

You have a nice portfolio, very diverse. Good job!

Hyo
    Member #
    First,thanks for the props! ^_^
    They are really appreciated!

Okay, now, about your comment... you are talking about the main table that holds the main content?
    That's weird... I really never thought about it as bad looking... Could you explain it to me some more?
    As for the text, I just like Italics a lot! And I really do not find them hard to read at all, and you are like the second person to point this out to me... I don't know, maybe I'll change it all to normal.
    Thanks again!

Member #
    when I was talking about the borders, i was referring to the way you outlined the individual boxes...it may look different on different screens, and it isn't a huge deal, but when I look at the right edge of the main content, scrolling down I see different thicknesses in borders, or no border at all (the 02.24.02 entry). It's just a nit picky thing, it doesn't ruin the overall design!

Member #
    I don't like the banner up top. But then again I like sites that look a little more professional, so I like good banners that are readable. The banner would look much nicer if you could actually read the text.
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    Hey There

Yeah I kinda don't like the dark colors. But the site looks good. Your links are hard to read because of the line that goes down the page. But I took a look at all your work and they're great. You really know your stuff. You got some good work there.

Peace :beard:

Remove Ads