Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I only know how to make basic web designs and I wanted to branch out a little and make a web site that has a few more designs. A would like to make a website that looks like the following http://www.www-hosting.net/. I am particularly interested in putting the rounded rectangle designs on my webpage, but I do not know what software to buy that lets you make these designs. Could someone please tell me if there is an inexpensive software that I can buy that will let me make these rounded rectangles designs on my webpages. I am very new to web site design and would appreciate any help that anyone can give me. Thank you

:classic:

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    you could use paint shop pro or adobe photoshop, one of these is a must, however they are quite expensive. Paint shop pro is the cheapest though i believe it is around 70.
    JR

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    adobe photoshop is 530 though.
    JR

Member #
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I still have a question.
    I did use paint shop pro to create these rounded rectangles and I had to save these rounded rectangles as images. Afterwards, I put these images in my HTML code. However, when I viewed the source code for the website http://www.www-hosting.net/, these rounded rectangles were created with tables. And because they were created with tables, I assume they load faster, than an image. So I guess my real question is what software allows you to create these rounded rectangles using tables. I hope what I am saying is not confusing. Thanks again for your help!!

Member #
    You dont even have to go that far...all you need to do is take a corner of the rounded rectagle...rotate it so you have four corners and put them into the table. Try highlighting the page you linked us and you will understand.

Member #
    The corners can be created in paint if you don't have any other photo editors.

Member #
    Oh..... so that is how it is done. That make sense. Thanks a lot!!

Densie

Member #
    If you're using a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) html editor, a good way to learn is to save the html from a page and open it in your editor. Then you can see exactly what they did.

Remove Ads