Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feedback?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all
    i'd appreciate someone going over my site at www.ainsleehooper.com and giving me some advice on the design and what i could do to improve it, add to it, take off etc. I'm not getting any hits lately whereas i used to get a lot a week. Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks, Ainslee

Member #
    It is kind of plain looking... Try to add a better banner or something to spice it up. Why not try to make the links a little better?
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    Hey There

Well you site is good. But I agree it need some spicing up. Try to add some more color to you site. Also get rid of the ads below, some even don't work. Another idea is to make your link images and use a interesting font to go with them. That might make your site look better. Hope this helps.

Peace :beard:

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It may be simple but remember don't make it more complicated than need be.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    thanks guys for all the feedback. in regard to link images and a font to go with them, what do you mean by this? just so i can get an idea. Do you think my site is lacking anything useful i could put on it? Ainslee

Member #
    What I mean by that is you can make your links better because right now they're in Arial. I was think that you could get a better font to use with your links. And put the links in Images so they look better. You can get some fonts at acidfonts.com. Do you get it now.

Peace :chinese:

Member #
    thanks, makes sense now. do you think it would make the site look too graphical if i do so? that's why i hadn't originally as i know how slow some sites can be loading up if they have too many images.

Member #
    Well if you want your site 56K friendly then I proably won't go with the links as images. But if you make the text (links) of the images small I don't really think it will slow down the loading time of you site.

Another idea is to make your links a different color, rather than bule. That might make the site look nicer. Just try different things and see how you like them.

Peace :chinese:

Member #
    i thought using a standard set of colours was better for the eyes? that's why i've pretty much avoided using too much colour cos i can see how icky some of the sites can be. There used to be a url that would give you colour codes that worked well together, i might check that out, do you remember that by chance?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    mexican... it's time I explain the art of otimization. I hope you have photoshop because my sites load in 10 seconds on a 56k. everyone can have a pretty nice amount of graphics site and still have it load fast. I say keep it simple, yet also make it artistic.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads