Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Last Check :)

Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Last check before it goes live
    Please let me know of load times and weird stuff

Thanks guys..

here's the link
    http://www.gcmservices.ca/beta

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I still say the text in the images needs to be antialiased.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Nothing really to change. What filburt1 said the text in the images needs to be antialiased. And it seems like the preloader isn't working in my browser. I have IE 6. I don't know whats up. Ever since I got it, it's had trouble with preloaders.

Peace :chinese:

Member #
    I'm still not too sure about the bulb behind the text, it's the first thing I see when I come to the page, but it makes me not want to try to read the text that's over it. That might just be me though, otherwise, nice design!

JR
    Member #
    i like the design, the preloader isn't working with netscape 7 either, the main banner text needs to be antialiased.

Nice Site
    JR

Member #
    I think the site looks good. I kinda like the bulb behind the txt. Maybe make it a little bit lighter. Also you should think about having you rollovers stay "rolled over" while you hover over the menu. I know macromedia has a tutorial out to help you out with this. Here is the link. http://www.macromedia.com/support/fi...nt_restore.htm
    I really think you will like how this makes your site appear.
    Nice Job

Banned
    Member #
    Thanks guys

what is this preloader you are talking about by the way?.. hehe

and thanks for tutorial.. I'll check it out when I get home

oh.. another quick check... i'm not gonna post a new thread for it.. it's this little site I gotta do this week and client wants flash so he can target a bigger percentage of users and likes purple... anyway.. those are the requirements.. this is what I have so far..
    the logo is terrible.. I know ..and I guess there's not much really to comment on but an opinion or suggestion would be great ..
    here's the link http://www.bgidesign.com/homewo

thanks again guys

Member #
    I've commented on this site before, maybe on echoecho, I can't remember. Regardless, it's certainly improved from the last time I saw it. One thing I don't understand though, is why he "wants flash so he can target a bigger percentage of users". Using flash wont target more users, it will alienate the percentage of people on the web who do not have Flash, or specifically Flash 6. I do like the navigation, but just be aware that if a user w/o flash installed visits the site, they won't be able to use the nav panel.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    companies love flash animations. most customers have flash. however, I agree with you about mixing flash with html. either make the whole site in flash or completely in html. mixing it makes everything stinky. and, if the whole site is in flash the user will eventually get flash or already has it.

plus, statistics are pretty inaccurate. flash is more widely used on the net now than html. I can't think of too many sites without flash.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    I agree that most people have flash and designing with it isn't a problem, however I have been in multiple corporate environments trying to show off a flash project, and the workstations did not have flash, and also did not have administrative rights to install flash. Most people on their home PCs probably have Flash, but those surfing at work (naughty naughty) may have trouble.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads