Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I've re-designed xtdesign.net to use all CSS/XHTML. What do you think about?
    Just tell me what you think that can be improved.

Thanks

Member #
    Nice design, clean layout and not too compicated!

You might want to put some more contact info in their (name, address, phone) as many people are dubios about bogus companies. The more accessible you are the more trust worthy you become.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ph4824
    Nice design, clean layout and not too compicated!

You might want to put some more contact info in their (name, address, phone) as many people are dubios about bogus companies. The more accessible you are the more trust worthy you become.
    Thanks for the reply.

I've added some info to the contact page, check it now.
    I'm not the only "worker" of xtdesign.net, should I put the name of the founder/CEO or each of the members?

Thx

Member #
    Looks quite flawless to me, you certainly know the visual side of design very well. The main header is crying out for some blending effects though. The navigation rollovers feel a little funny, but this stuff seems to be down to user preference.

There's a small typo on the contacts page... 'Or you can also use this form to get a free quote of if you have any other question:'.

Avoid over-kill with the use of bold words, only use it, if it serves a real purpose... doing it to every word dilutes the effect it has on placing strength or emphasis to something. You can get away with it more on the web, but if it were used on page copy in a book you'd strugle to read the page due to antagonizingly being drawn to the bolded words.

If you use a relative unit for the measurements of the footer box on your portfolio page it will scale up in size stopping the text from spilling out over the edge.

The 'send' button on your contacts page seems like another field to the form to an extent as it spans the entire length. There's no rollover effect suggesting it might perform an action. Everybody would eventualy work it out, but it's effort that shouldn't be needed. In short I'm suggesting leaving it as a default form button aligned to the left, people recognise these instantly.

Overall it's a very pleasing site.

Member #
    Thanks for youre extended review

Quote Originally Posted by Trico
    If you use a relative unit for the measurements of the footer box on your portfolio page it will scale up in size stopping the text from spilling out over the edge.
    Where does the text spill out?

About the bold, there are a lot of bolded words because I've set the CSS for all the <acronym> tags to bold. I can change that, and I will do it now.

I've fixed the typo also

I will play now with the send button a bit. What is the XHTML code for a img button?

Thanks

Member #
    Where does the text spill out?
    Try increasing the size of the text (Ctrl+mouse wheel) ...your text size options are also dependant on what size people are using before they visit your site. This isn't so much of a problem for IE as it only has limited choices.

Someone else will have to answer your last question, I don't know myself.

Member #
    At the foot of the page, you have "Awrds/Mntion". Is this something I don't know about, or are you a couple of vowels short?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Trico
    Try increasing the size of the text (Ctrl+mouse wheel) ...your text size options are also dependant on what size people are using before they visit your site. This isn't so much of a problem for IE as it only has limited choices.
    Thanks for the input But this issue doesn't worry me too much, as it will display OK unless you set font size much higher than default.

Quote Originally Posted by samkorn
    At the foot of the page, you have "Awrds/Mntion". Is this something I don't know about, or are you a couple of vowels short?
    Well this is some "aesthetical" though of me, nothing special

Remove Ads