Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

K i've been working on my site www.scriptdownloads.com , check it out and let me know what you guys think

BTW I got rid of the "must have an account to download a scirpt", so check it out, it should be ALOT easier and friendly to use. Still doing upgrades!

Please post comments on any improvements you feel I should make.

Member #
    Hey, overall i think you have a pretty nice site there. But for some reason when i look at the top navigation bar, for a split second it seems to me that it hasnt finished loading or it looks unfinished.
    Otherwise you have a decent site :-)

Member #
    Adding more white space either side of the content would make it easier to read.

I'm sure it's possible for you to change the colour of links, perhaps change the default blue to a darker shade of the turquoise colour you're using. Rollover effects also go down nicely.

Good site for the most part, just don't over do the pixel squares or things begin to look slightly cheap.

Member #
    heh ya, I do get the feeling that the site does seem to look like it was templated

Can I please have a hex number for that turquoise color you mentioned?

BTW, any more recommendations?
    Not just to the look, but rather to functionality

Member #
    #006699 (your so lazy) *cough* ...you should be the one deciding on choices like this, experiment more.

The white space and rollovers imo apply to usability/functionality more so than the aesthetics side of things. It makes text easier to read, and rollovers will clearly identify that a link/button will invoke a response/action.

The ':' after username and password don't appear to be needed as it's obvious where the start of the field begins.

Member #
    hmm, there are rollovers already, where do you think I should add rollovers?

Member #
    hmm, there are rollovers already, where do you think I should add rollovers?
    The bulk of your plain text hyperlinks within the page content, all you need is a small snippet of CSS.

Member #
    which snippet did you have in mind?

Member #
    Really looks like last years templates. Blue/Yellow, cliparty squares, unisexed logo w/ tagline. It's isn't bad, functional looking, not even bad looking; just your site is what I see when I think template.

Member #
    Yeah, sure. It might look like a template, but what's wrong with that? I think it look very nice, and I think any user who stumbles into that site does so too. So I'd say, keep it. It's nice. But you shouldn't have that much advertising, really.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads