Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

http://xtdesign.net
    What would you improve in this site?

Thanks

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No banner?
    JR

Member #

Member #
    Aha! I knew you'd have posted a thread to review it.

Well I like the design, although I have a few gripes. Firstly I'm not too fond on the colour scheme, but you have made it work well!

On 8*6 at school I find that your banner is extrememly large, while I have to scroll to see any content. I understand that 8*6 users may no tbe part of your target audience, but you have to compensate for those that (due to restrictions or otherwise) use 800 * 600 resolution.

Your 2nd flavour ' Curvs '. It this a spelling error from 'curves' or deliberate?

Your home nav link doesn't seem to work on any of the 'flavours' either.

Nice site overall, but a few niggling issues .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I would increase the feather on the reflecions under 'navigation, projects, flavours' etc they seem to end abit abruptly. So why the new design so soon?

Member #
    It's quite nice. Perhaps a little on the dark side. But I think the design is the least of your worries. I think you need to settle down and stop making rapid changes with your designs. You need to build some sort of branding around your company over the years. I don't think it is a good idea to chop and change every few days. Find something you like, that works and stick with it. If this site is to earn you business you may need a slight rethink about what is on the site. I don't think they need to know what version number it is. I dont think you need to navigation image on top.

On the plus side though. I think it is quite nice. Looks nice in places
    Your style changer isn't working properly though I don't think. You seem to be linking to the actual location of the css file. Whatever you are doing it appears blank white.

Member #
    Thanks for the replies everyone

Quote Originally Posted by justlivyalife
    Well I like the design, although I have a few gripes. Firstly I'm not too fond on the colour scheme, but you have made it work well!
    That's why I added the "flavours" feature, I suppose there is at least one to the taste of the user.
    On 8*6 at school I find that your banner is extrememly large, while I have to scroll to see any content. I understand that 8*6 users may no tbe part of your target audience, but you have to compensate for those that (due to restrictions or otherwise) use 800 * 600 resolution.
    You got it, that's not my target I just made it usable without horizontal scrolling for that res, as I didn't wanted to be handicapped by the height.
    Your 2nd flavour ' Curvs '. It this a spelling error from 'curves' or deliberate?
    It's because if I putted "curves" I would had to reduce the font size, and it looked weird next to the other that are all the same size.
    Your home nav link doesn't seem to work on any of the 'flavours' either.
    Do you mean the hover? It doesn't work in IE once a link in the navbar has been visited and I don't know why. Could someone please look at the CSS and try to figure out why this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Trico
    I would increase the feather on the reflecions under 'navigation, projects, flavours' etc they seem to end abit abruptly. So why the new design so soon?
    I'm going to do that now, as I already imagined that that would happen. It's my ugly monitor's fault! It has pretty low contrast and it seems to look good here. Look down to know why I changed the design so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielOliver
    It's quite nice. Perhaps a little on the dark side. But I think the design is the least of your worries. I think you need to settle down and stop making rapid changes with your designs. You need to build some sort of branding around your company over the years. I don't think it is a good idea to chop and change every few days. Find something you like, that works and stick with it. If this site is to earn you business you may need a slight rethink about what is on the site. I don't think they need to know what version number it is. I dont think you need to navigation image on top.

On the plus side though. I think it is quite nice. Looks nice in places
    You're right, but It's just that I thaught that the previous design su**ed like nothing else on earth. I hope that this design will last a lot longer.
    Your style changer isn't working properly though I don't think. You seem to be linking to the actual location of the css file. Whatever you are doing it appears blank white.
    What browser are you using? It works here perfectly in Opera 7.54, IE6 and Firefox PR1. The href of the links at the stylechanger go to a PHP file that set a cookie to remember user's selection.

Member #
    Firefox PR1

Member #
    Firefox PR1
    It works for me on that same browser... Does this happen to anybody else too?

Member #
    OK, now what is happening is it is taking me to a page in a ccs folder on your site somewhere and just showing me a blank white page. But when I got back to your site the new style is working. So I guess the redirecting isn't working. There are much easier ways of doing the style switcher anyhow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads