Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Finally working on my second site ever which will incorporate a ton of things that are new to me, a calorie counter (searchable database of foods), a members only section, a javascript bmr calculator, perhaps a newsletter, and some other things. However, how is the layout looking? It's about two weeks in and it's going slow because of the MySQL and PHP stuff that I have to get in there. But anywho, any criticism for me?

http://www.triadweightcontrol.com
    SORIA Inc. My First Stab At Creating A Site...

Member #
    It looks pretty good. The layout seems logical. The design will look nice once it's done.

There are a few issues I have with it though...

The font color is probably a mistake, but it shouldn't be white against light blue. Also, I would suggest using a san serif font for displaying body text on the page. It's easier for the eye to follow on the screen. I also prefer left justified or justified text over having an entire paragraph centered.

Also, I'm having a hard time with the fixed size of the site at the top of the screen. You might consider extending the bottom color to the bottom of the screen or blending the layout into the rest of the page somehow.

Other things: Exercise is spelled wrong. The login fields are kind of tiny. You might consider adding this parameter to the large images: galleryimg="no" (hides the image menu in IE).
    Kurt Sprinzl
    Eternal Studios Web Development

www.eternalstudios.net

Remove Ads