Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Recently finished building my first site with DW MX and FW3. Tips, bugs, comments and ideas all gratefully received.

http://www.saferpak.com

Regards,
    Simon

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Pretty good. Try moving the nav buttons on the nav bar so there isn't a huge gap above them.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Welcome to the board, Simon!

I like the site overall, too. The two only things I'd change (besides moving the navigation bars up) are to make your "Quck Find Directory" two columns, and to lose the Google search if possible. But a very nice effort.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Beautiful layout. Love the sub-nav script!

I'd move the laft navbar up (as has been iterated twice already).

Also, I HATE that yellow. Personal preference. Ick.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    - get rid of yellow
    - i don't really like the scan line part on the left
    - move the side menu up a bit
    - better than the typical layout
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Simon, that's a really nice site you have there. Damn, you did that with DW? I have DW mx sitting on my book self but I wanted to try to code my first site on my own. Is that your first site using Dreamweaver or your first site period? If that's the first website you ever built I think I should consider loading DW onto my machine.

Member #
    Thanks everyone - its unanimous the left nav bar is moving up. I have to admit the left nav bar is bought in "menu magic" http://www.projectseven.com highly recommended very easy and user friendly DW Extension.

I will keep the yellow for a while but as the site is built on templates I may change it from time to time.

Duck 444 - Load it on, Its my first ever website and has taken 10 months. Dont be daunted by the millions of features of DW - I havent scratched the surface of it to build this site.

I may also change the "quick find" directory to two columns I'll have a look.

Thanks once again - I appreciate all you comments.

Regards,
    Simon

Member #
    I like the design, and also love the nav you have, but I agree that the yellow would be better off a different color. I like the idea of the different color bar running down the left (where the gray is) but it doesn't quite match the site. Maybe if you change the yellow the gray would match, or maybe both of those colors should be changed. An awesome design, with a few color changes, it'll be rockin'.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

How could you BUY a javascript?

It's open source! http://javascript.internet.com has as many free scripts as you'll ever need, and there are more resources to help you build what you want on your own.

BTW... I've noticed that a lot of people use WYSIWYGs on here... I'm gonna start a poll thread to see what percentage uses each.

Member #
    Hi guys,

The yellows gone and I have made afew tweaks and twonks now I have been mixing with real designers I will show you tomorrow when Ifinish. I know its sacrilege you shouldn't pay for anything but its all about time - I prefer to spend $80 dollars and have it up in twenty minutes than learn for weeks. Times money.

simon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads