Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi guys,

The CMS I've been working on for a while is nearly ready to go.

I've set up a test installation with a generic login so that you can take a look at the administration and try adding new content.

It would be great if you could have a play and let me know if there are any problems or things that don't work how you'd like them to. Also if you've got any ideas for extra features or ways to improve useability.

Once it's finished it will be freely available for download and personal use.

The test installation is here: www.lobsterweb.com

Login: Test User
    Password: playground

The User Admin functions look like they work but they've been disabled while the site is open to everyone.

The About page and comment admin are also non functioning and the RSS feed isn't turned on (for obvious reasons ). Everything else should be up and running (I think!).

Thanks.

Member #
    Very nice work man! I like it. I didn't surf around too much, but it had a clean design and was easy to navigate.

Are you able to change stylesheets (upload your own skins?). I didn't see it anywhere, so sorry if its there.

One more question. Although I am still relatively new to php and mysql (started in april) I am creating a CMS for my website, and I have always been thinking of creating one for the public, or at least a news system that uses a database instead of text files (like cutenews and fusionnews, for people with hosts that dont allow chmodding). (Here is the question, lol) How are the users going to create and set up the database? Do they have to set it up them selves using software like phpAdmin, or is there another way they can do it (like through a php set up file)? Because I am not sure, and the only way I know to do it so far is through software. Thanks!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by minigino
    Are you able to change stylesheets (upload your own skins?). I didn't see it anywhere, so sorry if its there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mossoi
    There are several skins available which can be chosen by the admin rather than the user, I've turned the option off for this test though. There is also an option to add your own CSS file to the site through the admin panel so you can customise as far as you want.
    With this CMS, an install.php file allows the user to set preferences and it creates the database etc for the user.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by justlivyalife
    With this CMS, an install.php file allows the user to set preferences and it creates the database etc for the user.
    When you create a table in phpMyAdmin, and it gives you that block of code, is that the code you would use to create the table? Or at least the part of a script that physically makes the table in the database?

I guess I should look into this :P.

Member #
    I just have to say, the design template thingamajig is beautiful. I know you didn't ask for comments about the appearance, but I'm jealous of people who appear to be able to knock such attractive designs out so easily, so I decided to tell you anyway :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads