Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Band site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

im making a site for a band that my friend is in. They just want something that people can go to if they want to know more about the band when they play a show.

Just some comments and suggestions on what i can add, substract, or change would be nice. Thanks guys

http://www.reaganmusic.com

Member #
    It's 2:55 AM here so I will not be writing too long reply this time. Anyway, I like the graphic design there. Did you design the logo? Even if you did not, I like it. Of course I like the rest of the graphics aswell.

One slight thing, how about adding some XHTML guidelines? E.g. doctype at the start of your HTML code? For more information about this, you can visit the World Wide Web Consortium website.
    http://www.w3c.org
    This might not be necessary though, but if you are more keen on finding out how to design more of a professional level websites, then I recommend browsing that website.

Nice looking layout. Just start adding some content!

Member #
    I would span the navigation bar across 100% of the layout getting rid of the space on either side, removing the top margin would probably also look better.

If possible, in the grey region of the layout re-distribute the horizontal space of each content box so there is an equal amount of space on both sides.

Brown will most likely fit in alot better than grey alongside red.

What sort of music do they play? (I'm guessing Grunge, but that's just me.)

Member #
    Ok i changed some stuff around, spanned the nav bar across the entirety of the layout. So you think change everything that i have grey right now, to brown? And if so what color brown do you think i should use.

And thanks Teemu, ill be looking into w3c more often now.

EDIT: If you look at the Shows box on the page, i added the shows in there myself. For the news, im using Jnews which uses mysql. The band members can update the news themselves easily. Im wondering if there is a script i can use for them to update the shows. I am not very php and mysql savy, so i cant make my own. Thanks
    I also took the fading pictures out of the header because the band wants to wait until they get some better professional pictures.

They play an Audioslave kind of sound..

Member #
    Trico i did pretty much all those changes you talked suggested... just checking to see if you like them or not. Thanks

Member #
    It's good looking. I didn't notice that there was a frameset until I checked the code. That's good. They shouldn't be apparent. I'm gonna do a page for a band too, which I can post here if u want to. I must also say that it would be nice if you checked the standards, but gj anyway.
    //Henke

Member #
    From what I remember it is looking pretty good, I can't view it right at the moment because you seem to be having some server troubles.

The dashed white border lines are what I remember thinking looked out of place. They detract from the design rather than adding to it. Depending on what genre, style etc you're striving for a serif font might look better, it could add more character.

I've dug through my hard drive and picked out a similar project I did a few years back, your welcome to try and pick up any ideas from it. (attached front page.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    This is my band's site...

http://www.looseleafmusic.com

My band is ultimately the reason I got into web design. (we needed a site) This is probably the 5th version of the site we have had. I think the layout is pretty solid aside from some flaws (too image heavy)

Check it out.
    Nickhead
    musicpitt.net

Member #
    Very nice site Nickhead.. You should put it in your own thread though, as to not take attention away from this 1.. I'd definitely give this 1 a positive review
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    Its been a little while and just wanted to see what you guys think of the site and how it has come along.

I was also looking for some advice on standards and compatibility. The only compatibility test i have right now is testing my sites in Mozilla and IE. Can someone point me in a direction, where i can just get a basic sense of the standards. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads