Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blog layout

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi.. I just wanted your guys opinion on a layout I am working on.. Right now it's just a PSD file.. want to get it perfect before I code it up.. ANything wrong with it? Anything you would change? Does the text look right to you? Comments and suggestions will really be appreciated..

http://www.chaosconcepts.net/html/

Thanks..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    I like the color scheme. I like the rounded rectangles. I don't like the outer glow on "www.blog.chaosconcepts.net" I'd use a different font for the nav. Maybe disconnect the nav in the same way the name is disconnected on the left. What will go in the empty front/center box? There's an outline of the main area on the left, but not on the right.

Is that Georgia? The font for the title puts numerals at different levels. Personally, I do not see the point of stylizing a blog like this. But, that's just my opinion.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Well.. I am stylizing so it showcases my design skills I'll make some changes and check with you guys again.. thanks..

Patrick
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.

Member #
    Updated.. same URL.. any comments would help me out a real lot..

Thanks

Member #
    I spy with my a little eye... a democrat. The red really stands out on your donkey, and I'm not too keen on the stripes, and the comments I made earlier still apply.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What's up with the negative space on the two sides? Quite strange to see them there.. there's no point to them currently. Also not too fond of the serif as detais (date) and the nav (upper right), rest of it looks pretty solid though.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That looks better although I'm not sure about the clarity of the navigation menu font or the footer, it's a little 'flowery' for a web page.

Also, why all the whitespace on either side? Is that going to be filled with anything. I would suggest moving the navigation down into the right hand white area where it would be a clearer and more logically placed.

Other than that, nice work - I like the donkey!

Member #
    Is the whitespace on the sides really that annoying? I'm trying to make it more unique, than user friendly.. I will think about the layout.. see if i get an idea for the space.. I don't really want to put too much stuff on here.. And you're saying you don't like the georgia-verdana mix? I quite like it.. I'll try to change it up.. see what I get.. Thanks for the comments and expect me to update this soon..

Member #
    Update.. Made all the fonts verdana.. Stretched the content out and added a sidebar where all the Wordpress links will go.. Didn't change the background.. I like it.. Is this better? Worse? Your opinions help me so keep em coming

Member #
    How about connecting the horisontal bg-img bars/stripes with the header-line, i.e. where the header ends, one edge of the bars will be?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads