Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi!
    New version after the bad old one.
    http://www.swedendesign.tk

I only want good comments . (joking)
    Well, almost. Validates as XHTML 1.1!

//Henke

EDIT
    Changed validation to 1.0 Trans. to make it easier to build. 1.1 is too strict and I don't like all of it. (img. map removed for example, or rather doesn't work)

Member #
    The design is abit patchy ( the images jut out with no proper border)and there is appears to be a horizontal scroll bars on the dot.tk frame. Other than that, the site has a good color scheme.

Member #
    You're right, echoSwe, I was looking at the portfolio in IE. So you may be wondering why I, as a designer so regularly use IE? The reason is because that's what many of my clients use. Aside from its (many) problems, Internet Explorer is still the most widely used browser in the world! From a usability stand point, it is completely ludicrous to blow off "fixing" something just because IE renders it incorrectly. I think the best thing to do is design for IE and then add flares for other other browsers, that way it will still look and work okay for the majority of the audience. And, we can pray every single day that either IE catches up to web standards, or that the mass audience becomes enlightened to the beauties of Mozilla.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Banned
    Member #
    I take a look on 1600x1200 resolution and there is big black surface on the rright. thats my only bad i can say :-)

Member #
    DCScene has a good point, but the bigger question is: why not design for ALL browsers? it's a good practice and will make your website all the better.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by megablaz0r
    DCScene has a good point, but the bigger question is: why not design for ALL browsers? it's a good practice and will make your website all the better.
    Because I want to show the IE users that their browser isn't actually state of the art technology. It's perfectly viewable in IE. (although the position of the menu varies from computer to computer in IE for some strange reason)

Quote Originally Posted by nedzad
    I take a look on 1600x1200 resolution and there is big black surface on the rright. thats my only bad i can say
    decrease your browser width.

Quote Originally Posted by DCScene
    And, we can pray every single day that either IE catches up to web standards, or that the mass audience becomes enlightened to the beauties of Mozilla.
    Personally I don't like praying, and that's why I don't do it. I use mozilla since it's better, and I encourage people to do the same. I can't really say that my site only is directed towards people who use mozilla, but I can say that my site is a good wake-up call for people who don't use it.
    I know that it should be the same in both, but it's not a professional site - I'm not in a company. Of course I do designs viewable in both otherwhise.

Quote Originally Posted by shauno7
    The design is abit patchy ( the images jut out with no proper border)and there is appears to be a horizontal scroll bars on the dot.tk frame. Other than that, the site has a good color scheme.
    I don't know what you mean by patchy - do you mean the gray backgrounds of the images in IE? Borders on the header would look awful...
    The horizontal scroll bar of the .tk is another of IE's beautiful renders, and nothing I can do anything about - try viewing it in Mozilla.

Physt - I'll come back to you and your suggestings...

Member #
    Physt:

I checked out the link and it's kinda good. It's a bit annoying that you have to slice the image, but I guess it's what you have to do. On the other hand it's too much work to do that for the menu since the flower is in the background right now - one of these sliced images could be used in the first paragraph on the main page instead. Could look cool.
    You could also write an application (C#) to do the slicing for you...

Code:
    	writing-mode: tb-rl;
    	filter: flipv flipv;
    Is there something like this that works in Firefox?

Member #
    *fixed*
    Removed "the right of this page looks strange" with display:none; if it's not IE.

Member #
    Yey!
    After some time writing this tutorial I've now added it.
    It's a tutorial on how to start with web design and then how to do your first layout with CSS!
    Can you find any improvements to be done on this section?

I have also now added nice background images to the navigation headings, all of which I hope you'll find good-looking.

I had been thinking some about physt's idea about the flower and moving it out of the box, and I found it to be a very good suggestion, so I did it.

Does anyone know a workaround for the first letter in the in IE second paragraph on my frontpage? (Making it look the same in as in FF)

Have a look at the results!

Next up: sIFR.

Member #
    bump - updated - read the post above.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Hi Henrik,

I like your design. My only comments are that the navigation is a bit obscured and difficult to find, and that on your portfolio page, the adjacent images in perspective appear distorted in some way, because each has its own diminishing point - makes my eyes hurt !!! I think if you put more space or a divider of some sort in between each it will help that.

Good work!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads