Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi!
    New version after the bad old one.
    http://www.swedendesign.tk

I only want good comments . (joking)
    Well, almost. Validates as XHTML 1.1!

//Henke

EDIT
    Changed validation to 1.0 Trans. to make it easier to build. 1.1 is too strict and I don't like all of it. (img. map removed for example, or rather doesn't work)

Member #
    Hi there Steve!

Thanks a lot - finally my first design someone actually don't have loads of complaints on, hehe. I just updated it (haven't slept tonight for good or for bad) and now the menu features very nice sIFR headings!! It looks great I think. Thanks Mark and that other guy who made sIFR!

I did do something like what you said Steve, and put a dividers in the portfolio - although I'm quite sure this type of divider wasn't what you were thinking about ... Well... I'll keep the one for a week till I either redo the distored images or make better dividers, hehe.

Did you like the "recommended view" under designs? (fullscreen is best)

I think that I'll concentrate on learning C# now. Thanks for all comments Steve, Richard and DCScene and everyone else.

//Henke

Member #
    Alright.. I've concentrated some, and see what came out from my sleeve! A guestbook! Fully functional in XML! Happy times. Feel free to leave comments, and I'd love for you to comment on the web design school - for instance if I should write something different from what I have etc.

//Henke

Member #
    Hi Henke,
    I really like the fingerprint you've added, nice touch. Question regarding your guestbook... why should I type in your name? And on the QA end... do you have access to a mac? I've looked at your site about a bijillion times, but always on PC, and it doesn't look so hot in Safari. In fact, it looks REALLY bad, all the spacing is messed up and half of the nav image has a black background. Plus the brand new labels are poorly aligned and don a crazy white box to sit on. Just thought I'd let you know. Undecided on the lines. Keep up the good work, and to all a pleasant evening, for me, it is time to hit the DC scene!
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Hello DCScene!
    Thanks for pointing out that to me - I haven't got access to amac,I'mafraid - could you perhaps send me an attachment/screenshot?I'llgetit fixed .Justsurfedthere today in IE, and now, for some reason the navigationisonce moreshoved down - I guess it's because the double margin errorinIE onfloats (inserted a floated image), so I'll fix that too.
    Those brand new labels are the navigation headings if I'm not misunderstanding you?
    The guestbook name is just a little trick I've seen to prevent spam -Iadded it both for that reason and to test a little code snippetthattookan array and then used ASP .Net/.Net Frameworkinbuiltstringmanipulation methods... Guess I could just remove it.
    You say that half of the navigaiton image has a black background -howisthat possible? I've got a repeat-y background benieth itwhichshould atleast provide an organge background colour. Are yousaying ithas beenmoved out half-way into the blackness to the right?

Edit:
    Now I've fixed some IE design erros, and I've also put a backgroundcolour in the images instead of having transperacy, which IE can'ttake. So hopefully it'll look a little better in IE now.
    Removed the checker line in the guestbook.
    I also beated the sidebar up some more to make it look a little bit more styled.
    Could you check it in the Safari browser again, please?
    Now it's even good looking in IE6, when I removed the transparent imges .

Member #
    Hi Henke,
    I realized about 10 minutes after posting that once again, I had indeed looked at your site in two different browsers. And if you think IE sucks, you've never seen IE on mac, it's a designer's worst night mare!

So, the major alignment issues were in fact on IE for mac. There are no labels on your menus. Labels do appear in safari, but they are too big and interfere with the menu items themselves. In both browsers the image behind the nav overlaps the black, though honestly it looks kind of neat. See the screenshots attached.

I'm not saying you have to remove that line in your guest book, it just struck me as odd. I guess it's like one of those jarbled pictures (the ones that look like the test for colorblindness) that are appearing all over the place? Maybe, "For purposes of reducing spam, please type 'Henrik' here."
    Shani

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DCScene
    Hi Henke,
    I realized about 10 minutes after posting that once again, I hadindeedlooked at your site in two different browsers. And if you thinkIEsucks, you've never seen IE on mac, it's a designer's worst nightmare!

So, the major alignment issues were in fact on IE for mac. There arenolabels on your menus. Labels do appear in safari, but they are toobigand interfere with the menu items themselves. In both browserstheimage behind the nav overlaps the black, though honestly it lookskindof neat. See the screenshots attached.

I'm not saying you have to remove that line in your guest book, itjuststruck me as odd. I guess it's like one of those jarbled pictures(theones that look like the test for colorblindness) that are appearingallover the place? Maybe, "For purposes of reducing spam,pleasetype 'Henrik' here."
    Sigh... Well... The IE5 Mac I understand. Same problem with IE6winright now. I have no idea what I added to make the links movedownunder #content. Seems like I have to comment and uncomment my codetillI get a hit, or some idea about what is wrong. In your ie2.pngthere also seems to be some problem with the size... Had you hadflashinstalled in ie5 on your mac I think those headings would lookbetter.

I compiled a little screenshot collage. It's really laughable...
    A is how it should descend if the clients hasn't got either JavaScript or Flash turned on.
    B is your pic. I have no idea why Safari can't handle transparent Flash movies.
    C is a pic from iCapture, which totally disagrees with DCScene's pic from Safari.
    D - what IE - 5.0 or 5.5 Mac? Should I bother about this browser? ... Wonder why they are too big (???!).
    E - My favourite IE6 on Windows. ^^
    F - This is what is should look like - block outlining turned on.

So let's see.
    B - How can I sniff for IE5 Mac using JavaScript to turn the Flash off?
    C - have no idea how to fix it - can someone help me?
    D - Let's fix IE6 and see how it goes in the Mac one.
    E - as I said above.

I'll remove that line from the guestbook . I'll add it when it comes to blog comments instead.

PS u were missed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    It's I.E. for Mac 5.2.2. Plug-ins, Java and Javascript are all enabled in both browsers. The computer HAS Flash, and Flash works on other sites. And unfortunately, you're probably better at trouble shooting than I am.
    Shani

Member #
    Great idea, but some users aren't smart enough to realize that their browser sucks when a page doesn't load right (or that the site developer sucks).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads