Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm done with this for the day.. Decided I'd through it in here to see what you guys think before I continue tweaking it tomorrow.. It isn't complete yet, so don't worry about any dead links.. I'd appreciate if you could point out any css bugs.. I'm sure there are some atm..

http://www.blog.chaosconcepts.net

Thanks for the reviews..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    It's looking okay to me. If I might ask, what's the purpose of the post background mouse over?

Member #
    No reason really.. I saw the effect on some article sites before.. VH1 i believe has it. And I liked how it looked.. It draws focus to that part of the screen..

If it just looks okay to you, do you think there is anything I can do to make it look better? Besides the text.. which I've barely messed with yet.(still doing as we speak) .. Is the layout not appealing? Are the effects cheasy? Any help would be appreciated.. I take what you guys say seriously, so please comment on my site
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.

Member #
    And also.. If anybody has a web design related blog and wants to trade link just msg me or e-mail me with http://www.chaosconcepts.net/contact.php..

Member #
    I like the design and colors, but the text links at the top right are a not very noticable. Maybe move them to the left navigation menu?

Member #
    Thanks for the comment angmi.. Nobody else wants to comment? .. I'll take your comments about the nav.. Maybe I'll darken, or bold the text.. Or something.. I'll figure something out..

Member #
    It doesn't look cheesy at all. It's well organized and the colors are great. I think the border between the donkey and the links should be white though instead of blue.

Member #
    Added offer for 10 turtle dollars for the best review..

Member #
    Since you were nice and posted a wanna-post comment in my site's post, I'll comment some on yours.

About the :hover state on your posts. It's a bit annoying when scrolling. Perhaps make the color change even more subtle?

A picture of you in your blog could be nice.

As nicely designed as it is, a little accent color is never wrong. The accentcolor to blue is orange. Maybe you could add some all over the page? In the calendar - an orange (or something) ring about the current date?

I'd remove the underlines on the links. It's clear they're links if the heading says they are, so there will hardly be any misconceptions.

<abbr> in hyperlinks can be a bit annoying.

Why would you register to a blog?

Maybe a good idea would be to add a spam control to the comment box. Such as filling in your name to be able to make a comment.

What do you use the trackback for? (I really don't know actually)

In the header you have some links. Padd the a tags out to make the links stretch to the vertical line just next to the links, if you see what I mean. Then do a background replace or image replace when a:hover. Something good-looking. (Maybe darken background for that specific link onHover?)

The text under the blog entry link (headlines) shouldn't stand out more than the blog-entry itself - make the small text #666 maybe?

Century Gothic would be nice on the headlines. Or this:
    http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2004/08/sifr
    with an exotic typeface.

Increase the padding-left in the navigation to make it more even looking.

I now know why it's annoying when you scroll - since when I start scrolling the :hover state goes away, and when I move the pointer one pixel or more there is the :hover state again. So it blinks when scrolling.

Limit the number of blogs on the first page to for example 5-6 of them. Then add another page and an index of pages (such as: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >>)

Conclusion: some accent color, fix links on both navs, pages, hover state, abbr, register function, headings etc... But they are all suggestions .

//Henke

Remove Ads