Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.templeofdagon.com/new/

Any thoughts? Still have a lot to do on it, but opinions are always welcome!

Thanks!
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    for what you are trying to accomplish, it is a nice site.

Member #
    I like the site. Especially the old paper feel on the sides. I like the attention to detail that you exhibited in the construction of the site. The only thing I might suggest is trying merging some of the individual images that you have on the top header. I think this might be a good opportunity to try and make a collage of it all. Great site though

Member #
    Very impressive. I rarely bother with writing random reviews, but this site looks appropriately adapted to its contents - Lovecraft is a brilliant writer. I'd suggest you make the top menu links use images instead of text, the font you are using looks nice and would deserve more exposure, possibly with mouseovers.

Member #
    It would be good if you could get the hand cursor to appear over your initial navigation links; other than that maybe a slight increase in the leading might look better and be easier to read.

Member #
    Wow.. thanks for the nice comments!

vation: I may still try playing around with the header image some more.. my worry was just crowding it, but it may still have room to grow..

mixu: I think that would look great! I should of thought of that :P

trico: I will test them out! The cursor over the initial links will be great I am sure.

I may post an update later this evening.. Once again thanks for your comments! If you want to see the current site, you can just take off the /new/. I really like the old layout, but it was time for something more fitting.
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    very cool

Member #
    Just changed a few things.. I decided to ditch the drop down menus.. I did not trust their cross-browser support really.. plus I think it would of over-complicated things once I started adding more.

I have a big of content on the site now dragged over from the current one. None of the links work yet though.

You will notice the two-column design. This is only going to be on a select few pages. The other pages will be the single column.

Any thoughts? Does it still look nice? Or did I screw it up? Thanks!

Member #
    Great, absoloutely great.

Only a few additions. At the top of the main page, it may be an idea to provide a list of links to all the different sections of the main page, rather than the user having to scroll down to see whats been written. Maybe even just a short summary.

If the second column isnt going to be that large, perhaps have the next paragraph down adjust so it goes right along the page? The large space to the right of the paragraph's seems to be out of place when you start scrolling down.

But apart from that... I can't think of anything at all... great

Banned
    Member #
    great

Apsolutely great. Congratulation mate!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads