Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Right, the story is as follows. my dad's friend has made this website : http://www.hart-totalcleaning.com/
    for his company. However I feel (and my dad feels the same) that its a bit tacky and below par for something thats meant to be attracting customers. So the plan is that im going to redesign it into a better form for him.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the current site, imrpovements, and suggetions for the new layout?

My resources for doing this project are: Microsoft Frontpage 2003, the images on the website and MS Paint for images (will be getting Photoshop next week so I can use that too given a chance to become familiar with the settings).

Current thoughts are: keeping the site clean, easy to understand, perhaps structure some of the writing a bit better so it dosn't have the cheesy american commercial affect.

Member #
    i'd say that you need to get rid of the 'I want to see...' and you've definately got to change the title of the page from 'index'...

I don't know much about designing i'm afraid, but also you want a lgo at the top, and the blue background looks weird. There seems to be too many different colours as well for a proffessional business site.

Ps - now tell me how to make my site better?

Member #
    well to me it has to be changed totally. First of all why are you using the "Comic" fonts? Try Verdana (which is usually used for professionla sites) or something else suitable to your & your customers eyes.
    Personally I'd center the page and the bg has to be changed. A pure white is simple.
    The links... can you create a nav with those links/menu in a proper place?
    The contact page is a simple script with no images. Try to put a logo there.
    The Gallery img i think its not very well designed and I'd chage its place.

Member #
    if i were in your shoes, i would be researching similiar websites to get a feel of what to do/not to do. you may get some clever ideas from other sites and implement them in your own way..

Member #
    *ahem* my site

Member #
    dane, this isn't a thread about your site. don't be rude and make posts like that in someone else's thread.

i made an informative post about your website before you even made this most recent post, have you even bothered to read it?

Member #
    Just so you know, I managed to find this neat little article:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/article/com...e-crash-course

In fact, that might be an idea for being stickified for other people doing websites for small companies

My current thoughts are:
    not too complicated coding, try to provide access to as many browsers as possible as not to limit visitors to higher browser standards
    layout: two side parts which will vary in length depending on resolution, meanwhile a main section which should stay same width which should contain all the content (making resolution not affect display of website). Perhaps in one of the shrinking side sections navigational controls since I dont want to clutter up the main section too much (easy reading).

Banned
    Member #
    no comment but this site needs for redesign despertly!!

Member #
    that one is pretty obvious.

how to go about doing it is a different story.

Remove Ads