Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello community!

My name is Ryan, owner of www.x2designstudios.com, and currently developing a tutorial forum @ www.x2designstudios.com/phpbb

I have been involed with website design and graphics for close to 8 years. My programs of choice are Paint Shop Pro & Frontpage...

I am new to the business aspect of design and havent really had a chance to prove my self to any companys or user looking for my services... I havent had the movitation to promote myself and my work unitll just recently. I hope with my new site i can develop a market for my name and provide people with solutions to there business needs.

Ive posted to ask users here about how my site looks? Yes i know my portfolio is slim but like i stated above, i have just gotten started!.. I wanted a simple design, something to the point yet stylish and attractive with a good layout. I've went through a few different designs but decided to stick with my current one as i like it simply because of its simplicity. As i feel the portfolio matters most! Which i hope to establish more in the near future.

Thanks!

Ryan
    X2DesignStudios
    http://www.x2designstudios.com -

Member #
    Hi Ryan, and welcome to WDF! Nice site.

2 of your links still point to your local site on your Desktop.

EDIT: also the tutorial link doesnt work either.

Another thing, You say the site is best viewed in IE. Do yourself a favour and learn about HTML compliance coding. This way people using other browsers(such as myself and many WDF members), can see your site the way it is intended to look, no matter what browser they use.

Also, using Frontpage is a no-no. Have you ever tried Macromedia Dreamweaver? absolutely the best web design software out there. very easy to use for beginners! :classic:

One last thing. Learn CSS. Its something that once you have learnt, you wont want to ever use a table-layout again! theres a few tutorials on CSS here at WDF.

All web designers are learning new techniques on how to code, shape, layout webpages on a daily basis, and if you have a desire to learn, you can't go wrong! good luck! :classic:

Member #
    Thanks for the reply!

Since your post i have updated the links pointing to my harddrive, and fixed the tutorial link.

The part about IE was actually thrown on there in the beta stages of the site. (I need to fix) The site does infact correctly display on IE,Netscape,Firefox. I personally use firefox. (except for a little table shift dealing with firefox...still trying to fix)

I've been using frontpage for 8 years, i do not like dreamweaver, yes yes i know its the same thing as the paint shop vs photoshop debate. I feel its the user that creates the intended content, the program just helps them along the way. Both programs have there up's and downs. For me, personally i like Front Page. Even after using dreamweaver in Tech School.. i still chosoe frontpage. I'am just learning css, and yes i agree its pretty fancy and you can do some amazing things with it, im trying to development my css skills more as we speak.

8 years of designing and still another 30 years to go!

Again thanks for the comments, & critiques they are very much appreicated. Being new to the business part of multimedia i need all the help i can get to please other users and potentional clients. After all, its what i want to do with my life.

Remove Ads