Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

One of my latests sites:

http://www.clownartist.com

Also, I just finally got up my own personal promotion site. What do you guys/gals think?

http://www.christinegdesign.com

Thanks!

Member #
    Just a few comments on the design and images:
    - The images you have in the flash are pretty low quality, for an artist's site I think it is pretty crucial to have those images be crisp
    - As for the design, I would make all the lower links smaller, as they aren't the main focus of the site
    - I would make sure the underline link only comes up on the word, not the word and the space next to it.
    - I might event think about turning the e-mail link into a main side navigation, depending on how important it is for people to contact the artist.
    - I would take out the welcome to clownartist.com line. People will know what site they are at, it might also give the lines up top some more room to breath, it looks a little scrunched in comparison to the rest of the site.
    - While I do like the layout of the page with the black background in the side navigation pages, for the index page it looks a little creepy, especially with the clown heads fading in from black.

For your site, you may want to put exactly what you do on the first page, rather than making the user click on portfolio to find out what you can do. Also because copperplate is an all caps font, it does make it more difficult to read, if it's anything more than a heading.

Overall though, I think it's a decent site.

Member #
    Thanks for responding. I see what you mean about the bottom links. I could make them smaller.

The reason I have a welcome line is for indexing. Just wanted to have more than just meta keywords to help the search engines.

I forgot to mention that my site isn't 100% done... And you're right, I have no clue what I was thinking when I didn't put that I do webdesign and illustration. Duh. Thanks for pointing out the obvious!

Member #
    I don't have much time to write now so a few comments will have to do.
    The whole layout is in tables which ... well... search for designing with css.
    I also have to say that your illustrations are beautiful; very talented!

Member #
    Thanks for the compliment! I am currently learning CSS. I know I have to dump the tables

Remove Ads