Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Howdy everyone. So I just finished my most recent project since leaving allmusic.com and I could really use some honest feedback.

ForumFox.com: The Forum Directory

The site is a basic forum directory where users can submit, comment on and rate any bulletin board/community (be it theirs or just one they know of). While I noticed a few of these floating around, I haven't run into one that offered everything I would have liked.

The goal of the design was to keep everything as clean and simple as possible without the loss of a unique personality. Except for tabular data in two or three locations, it's 100% table free and W3C compliant (though, a few places have really dumb errors made in haste I'm in the middle of cleaning up.)

So have at it everyone! I'd love to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.
    Juvenall Wilson_______[juvenall@gmail.com]_________________
    Forum Directory - ForumFox.com
    YaBB Project Admin/Former allmusic.com designer

Member #
    nice i really like that. clean and crisp and not to over powering.

Member #
    It looks quite pleasant from a glance, yet maybe still a little bland.

The two things that instantly stick out to me on the main page are the awkwardly positioned 'forumfox.com' text hovering above your name plate. Instead of writing it twice, perhaps you could add a subtle '.com' onto the end of the main type so it looks less diluted.

The second thing is the white tab sub-headings that bleed into the background. All they need is a 5 to 15 pixel indent to move the text away from the edge.

On some of the pages your main navigation changes, in a sense I found this a little disorientating. It can't be hard to keep it consistent.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhansen
    nice i really like that. clean and crisp and not to over powering.
    Sweet! I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trico
    The two things that instantly stick out to me on the main page are the awkwardly positioned 'forumfox.com' text hovering above your name plate. Instead of writing it twice, perhaps you could add a subtle '.com' onto the end of the main type so it looks less diluted.
    Yeah, I wasn't really *crazy* with that myself. Good to hear it from another person. I'll take what you said and run with it.

The second thing is the white tab sub-headings that bleed into the background. All they need is a 5 to 15 pixel indent to move the text away from the edge.
    This is actually caused by a fix I'm currently working on. I'm trying to restructure the code for that and I removed the class that controls that indent (it was at 5px when I posted). This should be taken care of by tomorrow.

On some of the pages your main navigation changes, in a sense I found this a little disorientating. It can't be hard to keep it consistent.
    Aww crud, I knew there would be something I'd end up overlooking. you're dead right, this isn't hard at all and was a silly oversight on my part.

Thanks a ton for the detailed feedback! :classic:
    Juvenall Wilson_______[juvenall@gmail.com]_________________
    Forum Directory - ForumFox.com
    YaBB Project Admin/Former allmusic.com designer

Remove Ads