Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I guess you can categorize this one as a portfolio site. I've gone with a different approach on that idea and made a site dedicated to unfinished work instead of finished. Tried to make the beginnings of a community-type site, but that's all new to me.

At first, I wanted to change the design of my primary site, but afterwards, decided to go with a whole new one.

I do not pretend to be a coding genius. I only know a small amount of html. If you happen to see anything really horrible in the code, please tell me.

So, tell me what you think.

http://www.incompleetism.com

Member #
    Very cool. The navigation is a bit hard to find, and use, but I like the creativity of the site. I like the graphics, and the layout. I would suggest cutting off the bottom, or shrinking it down, because it makes me scroll. Overall, very cool.

(Nothing TOO bad in the code )

check out my sites:

BNSAL: www.bnsal.com
    WIZDUDE: www.wizdude.com

Member #
    Nice.

I think the nav is very easy to use, once you figure out where it is. But then again, there doesn't seem to be many other places to click. I also like how the nav and text kind of overlaps the content, as if everything is thrown together.

The photoshop interface/screenshot really adds to the theme, too. I really like how everything fits together here, it's very cohesive.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    I'm unsure as to how professional you want to go with this. I do like the design being based around the photoshop interface. I recently did one based on My Computer with the windows XP media center skin and It's really good fun going through and customizing it in such ways.

As far as my statement about being unsure of how professional you wanted to go with it. You might not want to use context such as. "Dude, click on something up there" (not a direct quote, but close i'm sure).

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninju
    As far as my statement about being unsure of how professional you wanted to go with it. You might not want to use context such as. "Dude, click on something up there" (not a direct quote, but close i'm sure).
    Hehe, yea, well it's the complete opposite of professional. Just a place to dump all my 'undesirables.' It was very fun to make, though, like you mentioned.

As for the navigation, I was never able to step back and see how end-users would view it. Maybe I just didn't want to. Who knows? I guess people who are familiar with photoshop would pick up on it fairly easily. Everyone else deserves to get a cookie for figuring it out the first time

Quote Originally Posted by DCScene
    I also like how the nav and text kind of overlaps the content, as if everything is thrown together.
    You'd be surprised how much work it took to make that look thrown together! I actually put more work into making it look sloppy than making it look good.

I try not to take things too seriously (as you may have gleaned from the site) which makes this kind of work fun for me. Glad you like it.

Member #
    lol thats very cool! Not very user friendly but its still cool!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Very nicely done, I realy like it. Bit of a slow loader though. May be compress the graphics a bit (if your using JPEGS) or use a preload technique.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Member #
    very original.

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I loved the splash screen, very innovative and really draws your attention to enter the site.

Although I don't really fancy the rest of the site, I think if you made it all on a piece of paper like the splash page it would look cooler, and be easier to use - with scribbledc navigation in the top right and a sketched logo in the top left, and a font that suggest handwriting of some sort.

I've had many ideas for my own site about this, but none have actually left my head and entered the keyboard - but this is a great outcome.

Good job.

4/5
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Remove Ads