Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This was done with no experience with any coding or whatnot. It's all been done with a lot of reading around etc etc. Much help has come through this site (thank godness for the search engine!)

I know that many of you will hate this site, because of the iFrames, but i truely do not know what to do otherwise. I just don't follow anything else. If anyone can tell me how it could be altered then that'd be grand.

It looks best in firefox (becuase of the iframes) and this is something i want to fix, hopefully by one day not using iFrames.

Otherwise, what do you think? I know content isn't there, but thats going up soon. there is one interview there, although I'm not sure thats the final way it will exist. Still, I'd appreciate your opinions at this stage.

http://www.ifmicecouldmovemountains.com
    :: Maybe We Can Do More Than Just Stare At The Bright Lights ::

Member #
    i find your layout a bit odd... and your layout graphics too blurry. though for a person with no experience and you can do all that frontend and backend.. i think your have a good start. ^_^

Member #
    Site is weird, and a horrible domain name.

About the domain name, you could have changed it to: imcmm.com, mountainmice.com, micemove.com etc. Just shorten it a bit!

The site has a real strange layout. The splash is strange, you don't know where to look IMO. Also, everything seems blurry and miscoloured, kinda hurts the eyes.

Not tryin to be nasty, just constructive criticism.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Don't centre align your text, instead align it to the left hand side and apply a margin or some other form of indentation so the text doesn't run into the edge of its container. This is also true for your main navigation links. Centred text is much harder to read and looks considerably messier.

:: using :: lots of :: looks :: tacky. ::

I agree though, you're in a good position to build up from.

Member #
    thanks guys.

Some of this will be taken on board.

Yeah the name was talked over for ages. we can still get IMCMM.com, and link it so its all okay.

I don't like the menu bar backgrounds so that will be changed.

So far the labels/pr companies/members/visitors have all said that it looks superb, and this is the first criticism, so i thank you. this helps so much more. I won't be changing the layout though, not yet anyway, simply because I feel, and so do many others, that it is very simple. Once you have visited the site, you know exactly where to look. A little exploration and you're fine.

I disagree with hurting the eyes though. To me, lots of white and almost bright/pale colours are more annoying than darker colours, which are far far easier to read.

But we'll see.

Thanks

Member #
    I just wanted to add that I can't access the site through mozilla firefox but only through internet explorer.
    It looks very much like my first layouts, so I think you're on the right track .

Member #
    really?

it runs fine on everyone else's firefox. ahh well.

but thanks.

Member #
    No... it doesn't work for me in firefox.

Member #
    Sit down and relax, this post is going to take a while!

First of all, it's nice start. It looks like you've effectively organized a ton of content, but there are some things I would change, and I'll tell you why. Most of them actually, are pretty straightforward...

Alright, my first issue is with the font. But then I read other people's responses and nobody said anything about it. So I look at the source... Copperplate. Okay. Copperplate is not a web font, and my computer doesn't have it, so all of your text: menus, content, etc. are rendered in Times New Roman, and incidentally, sans rollovers. But this is an easy fix, you can add a web font to your class attributes so if Copperplate isn't there, it can be Arial or Verdana. In general, however, it's best to use web safe fonts exclusively for non-graphical anything because otherwise, you never know what you're going to get.

Moving right along, I like the orange, but I think it's over used. The graphic is too big.

Why scrollbars? My screen res is at 1024 and I even upped it to see if they'd go away, but they didn't. And what's odd about the scroll bars is that there isn't a lot of extra content. I don't know, maybe it's the IE, but this isn't my computer, so no Firefox for me .

I will say however, that as a web designer, I like that you say, "Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox." (Add a link maybe?) it's much nicer than other things I've seen from people.

On the right, the word register is cut off. Again, possibly an IE thing.

And this may sound completely odd, but I was definitely wondering about the purpose of your site. I did find it in the code. So, yes the <title> explains a lot, but I think it's safe to say not everybody reads the title. Also, you have this great explanation in the meta name. I think you should repeat that somewhere in the <body> and preferably in the top. I mean, as it is right now, you have a good 150 pixels I'd say at the top of the page, where it could be integrated.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Thank you for this reply, its extrememly helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DCScene
    But this is an easy fix, you can add a web font to your class attributes so if Copperplate isn't there, it can be Arial or Verdana. In general, however, it's best to use web safe fonts exclusively for non-graphical anything because otherwise, you never know what you're going to get.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know that copperplate wasn't a standard font. This may sound stupid, but how do you add a web font?

Moving right along, I like the orange, but I think it's over used. The graphic is too big.
    Yeah I had some issues with the overuse of orange, we are actually looking into that. Which graphic do you think is too big?

Why scrollbars?
    I do think that is an IE think. I really need to try improve its cross-browser ability.

I will say however, that as a web designer, I like that you say, "Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox." (Add a link maybe?)
    I'll look into a link, however, I set the page link colour to black, due to the side menus. I could use a graphic, unless you can suggest something better, or the way to make a specific link a specific colour?

On the right, the word register is cut off. Again, possibly an IE thing.
    Yeah thats an IE thing. Not happening on firefox (for me).

As it is right now, you have a good 150 pixels I'd say at the top of the page, where it could be integrated.
    Yeah the point of the site is in the title. But i will definately look into utilising the space at the top.

Once again, thanks very much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads