Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'd appreciate any kind of statements, comments, or whatnot you can throw at me for my website. It's based on Video Game Sprites and it's one of the largest sprite communities on the net. http://www.fated-circle.com

Member #
    I'm unfamilliar with the game itself, but it looks a bit animé (Japanese cartoon world?)

I'm not your typical game-site visitor, so my opinions might be off target.
    However, I'll give you a brief overview of my imediate impression, both 'emotional' and technical.

Technical:
    Your fonts are hard to read. Might be because I'm on a high resolution screen, but the letters are small and the font type is more of a paperprint type than the screen type I would expect.
    The general layout strikes me as pale and 'flat'. It has an almost intrusive lack of 3D feel to it! (which is what I'd expect from a site that dwelles into art rather than pure information. Especially 3D art)
    It blends in with the background (that dominates the screen for us 'high resolution viewers'), in an unfortunate way.

Emotional:
    The immediate apperance is 'flat'. I've come to expect a more visually pleasing apperance when visiting web-sites, than what you'd find in the textual concept of a magazine article.
    Looking closer at the 'animé' style drawing this game apperantly is based on, I see that you try to reflect the pastel-type layout in your presentation.
    However, that doesn't cut it for me. Even if the theme of the content is pastel (color wise), then remember that in drawings, that accentuates and at the same time tones down, the intricate details of a complex drawing. As you can see, shadows are used abundantly to promote 3D perception in the drawings. This is a mixture of traditional Japanese art, and modern day fantasy style. A somewhat typical animé backdrop.

Your site should reflect some of the depth that are present in the drawings representing the game. Some deeper contrast and shadow, would make both the provided screenshots and your links, stand out more from the mainframe content.
    And that's the key!
    Make your site a sort of 'framework' around what you're really trying to convey! The content should not flow into/merge with the outer frame/navigational area.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    • Having a black stroke around already small white text doesn't look good. It makes it even harder to read with painfully sharp contrast and in addition it messes up the letter spacing.
    • Your hyperlink text rollovers in the left column don't add any sort of impacting emphasis. Some colour perhaps?
    • At 8*6 resolution FireFox displays horizontal scrollbars; you need to shrink the width of the layout slightly

Remove Ads