Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    205 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.stg.bittime.com/

Our corporate site... Not 100% complete, but getting there. I want feedback on the homepage "intro" and overall design. Also, this page:

http://www.stg.bittime.com/index.jsp...ny/why_bittime

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Intro>> Nice, like it. Big gripe: load time. As cool as it is, I feel it's completely useless as a homepage. It'd be great as a sales tool, but on a homepage it's just not working. Maybe have a small flash go, then present an additional option of playing intro (but call it something else - view our marketing message, etc), WHILE it's still loading in the background.

It's kind of funny, it's very similar to some of the branding ideals we have in our company A lot of similar stuff going on.

Overall layout>> I like most of it, but some fonts could use some smoothing over. Need some flash replacement / image replacement going on, especially in headings and navigation.

Backpage>> I like the content area. Header, bleh. You need some different treatment - the square box with aliased type in it just isn't working for me. Also, I can't scroll the middle content area.. and it looks like I should in firefox (I can select & scroll).

The icons are excellent, but need either a gradient or 3D treatment. They jsut don't go with the background.

It's a good start though, looking sharp!
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Kyle,

Thx for the input. Insightful as always! Already plan on the 2nd "intro intro" as you suggest - great idea calling it "marketing message" - much more attractive name!

Re: text - primarily looking for SEO there, but I understand what you're saying about Antialiasing... I'll have to think about it some and try to think of something creative.

Re: backpage scrolling, I couldn't reproduce that bug that you're talking about. Scrolls fine for me in IE and Moz. Can you explain in more detail? Thx.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Just reproduced the scrolling error. Strange.................... Only page I used non-css layout and it gets screwy lol.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by transio
    Thanks in advance.
    Nice work man. That intro is pretty sweet..

Member #
    The 'intro' never loads for me (guess some sort of flash animation?).

However, I find the 'boxless' design somewhat of your trademark. By boxes I mean a design made up of boxes (div's/tables) that hold different types of pictures/text.

You have the skills/ability to make a more 'organic' design, where shapes are not boxed in. That makes your designs stand out. Obviously, mastering a design technique where boxes are oblivious, opens a lot of windows. Your choice of design is sober and elegant.

FLASH is outside this equation. Beeing a plugin, although universally available, makes it common. Most people box in their Flash presentation anyhow. Beeing able to have a design unlimited by square borders, is very refresing. Your previous 'Motopuntas' site, introduced this the first time (rounded corners and drop shadows).

Scaling away all the interactive code, be it XML or any other structured retrieval technique, I think your design alone, is a standalone feature.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Hi there,

I like the partial transperacy that you have on your header which shows in FF, but not IE , being a FF fan.

Commenting on what rosland said, I must say that it is indeed a boxed design, albeit (first time I use that word) it doesn't look that much like it, since you have used background images smartly. Also it's almost impossible to create boxless designs, and I've only seen a few of them and they were done only in flash together with images.

Have you taken the header images yourself? Just a bit interested.

Under the jobs section I found that your are currently seeking a web designer. He should be good at what you call "HTML scripting". May I ask what this is, concidering that 2 list items under this post you have written that this person also should be good at ActionScript and JavaScript?

The into flash has already been commented on, and I agree with the first comment from Brak here.

Overall I'd say that this is a site which you can view withouth being annoyed by the design (www.asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx, www.htmlcodetutorial.com/document/) or being overwhelmed by it. I could easily spend lots of time on this site because of this if it had anything that interested me on it.

Member #
    The front page would look better with more space either side of the written content and you could probably also move the sub-headings closer to its following paragraph.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Transio>>

Regarding SEO,

Why not look into some sIFR? Here's a version of some good old IFR - example(article title).

It allows the SE's to see your document in terms of SEO, but those people with javascript and flash get replaced headers that are anti-aliased. The new version of sIFR is rediculously simple. See it in action here. Simple javascript calls, simple HTML, simple SWF creation.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Thanks for the additional comments, guys. Those are not my photos. These are temporary until we get our own. I have a friend who's a photographer who's going to do all new photos for us. The photos in the intro are ours, though. (PS - that's my voice on the intro right now. LOL) Trico, I don't think you saw the homepage design... I'm working on the content area as of yesterday, so it's a little screwy looking right now. Brak, I'll look into that sIFR as soon as we launch - first thing is to get it live =)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads