Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey, guys I'm new to this forum. I just finished making my site for my little metal work business. Just to let you know this is only my third website ever made. But let me know what you think of the layout and design.

http://www.c2ilights.com

Robert Schuyler

Member #
    When entering your website i got this message http://www.c2ilights.com/New%20Site_alternate.html
    I'm using opera but in explorer i went straight to the site.

Member #
    That's most likely that your opera browser doesn't have new newest flash player installed.

Member #
    I know, but you are forcing me to install it and I don't want to

Member #
    okay

but doesn't that limit your browsing experience when you can't view something because you don't have the newest updates.

Member #
    Thats not the point. There is no option to skip that page to go directly to your website, if someone can't download an update for whatever reason or just doesn't want to at that time then they will leave your website.
    Just my opinion

Member #
    but

But the site won't work properly if the newest version of flash is installed on the computer. Certain functions at least. And I think that a person would find that more annoying than anything.

Robert

Member #
    You really didnt have to design this site using only flash. The only thing that you used flash for was the links. and its not even that great.

Do you propose having an HTML site aswell? Remember, your entire audience dont all have flash...

Member #
    I don't know how to make html sites that is the problem. When I first wanted to make my site, I bought a book on flash. Therfore all I really know is how to create a site within the flash contexts.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysky
    But the site won't work properly if the newest version of flash is installed on the computer. Certain functions at least. And I think that a person would find that more annoying than anything.

Robert
    I suppose if you really want to keep that then, at least give the user the option to download it and let them know that if they don't have the latest version certain functions may not work.

Some people don't have administrator access on their computers and won't be able to download the newest flash plug-in. Give your user a choice otherwise you will lose them.

Remove Ads