Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

At last, I have finally completed my site for my web design company, FrogShock Studios. It's only on a temporary server atm (but it's on my mates paid hosting, as a sub-domain, so no ads ) Any reviews and constructive criticisms are welcome. And I'll be getting my own hosting and a proper domain soon!

Also, any comments about the content are welcome. I need to know if it sounds OK and professional enough etc.

Here it is: http://will7.b5f3.co.uk

Hope you like it. Please rate it was well! Thanks again!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    I'd prefer it if there wasn't an order form because it doesn't seem very personal and scares people away. But if you want to keep it then my comments for it are:

You shouldn't put words per page. Why limit your client with how many words they can include?
    Also you should say somewhere that the order form isn't binding and that it is used only for you to quote a price.

We will then overview the form, and decide if we want to take on the project. If we decide to take on the project, we'll jump right in the with the first stage of the design process.

Don't include this. It's asthough you don't want to take on a project.

Member #
    Thanks. I've actually been considering the take on project bit for a while. Think I'll get rid of it. I'll consider the words per page thing as well. Thanks DesignBox!
    Rednerve

Member #
    A bit of colour wouldn't hurt you know.

The actual design looks very sound in many ways.

I would push your content down as everything is beginning to bunch together at the top of the page; you need to leave the reader with white space in order for them to rest their eyes.

MSN / Yahoo! Messenger conversation, or by an eMail questionnaire
    How many business owners do you think actually use an instant messaging service? (not taking into account web related occupations.) ...you're limiting yourself a lot here.

This comes across as extremely impersonal. If you're not willing to meet them in person or at least speak to them over the phone I doubt how many will take you seriously. If you're afraid of scaring them off because you might be perceived and judged as inexperienced down to age then try and find somebody who can act as your consultant. A while back I used to have my older brother meet the client an act as an intermediary for the same reasons.

You're in danger of sounding like another take—and run company conjured up out of thin air. Something leaning closer to a physical presence will be reassuring to anybody thinking in investing in your services.

Other small recommendations.
    • Try running your page copy through word to fix any grammar mistakes.
    • Hyperlink rollovers perhaps?
    • Make your name plate/logo bigger, it's barely possible to make out the graphic of the frog.

Member #
    Thanks Trico, some great points there! I think I'll do that thing about the persona meeting. I'm sure my older brother would be more than happy to meet with my clients.

I will make the logo bigger and I'm about to do a spell check. I'll put some colour and some more graphics on too. Thanks again!
    Rednerve

Member #
    At first glance i quite like the layout and everything i see, my eyes though are playing up, and many others on the internet would be as well, and old ladies and so forth, so make the text easier to read and stand out, on the white background, maybe black text or darker grey, I agree with above in making the logo stand out and larger

Member #
    I have made the text black. I'll be uploading it soon.
    Rednerve

Member #
    I like the site.

The only thing that I noticed is it seems similiar to other sites I have come across. Color/Design ways. Maybe making a bigger logo/banner. On a higher res, it is hard to see.

otherwise good work

Remove Ads