Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am currently finishing up my site and some input would be greatly appreciated.

my main concern is the header. I dont know whether I should leave it blank as it is now or should I add a logo. Also is the orange too much compared to the rest of the site, cause i was thinking of making a new header with more blues and greys.

http://www.kopecdesign.com

any other suggestions are welcome

Thanks,
    Martin

Member #
    my first reaction is i dont know how well the orange ties in with the sky picture....i like your interface...and it may grow on you (color scheme wise) but first reaction i dont like it. i do however like the header...once i get past the color. maybe keep the colors a little closer on the color scale....

Member #
    The colours are good, but I think there's too much patterning going on, plus it's quite dark. I think it would be better maybe putting the blue skies on top, then the red underneath as a nav bar or something, followed by the content box?

Ebonny x

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonny
    The colours are good, but I think there's too much patterning going on, plus it's quite dark. I think it would be better maybe putting the blue skies on top, then the red underneath as a nav bar or something, followed by the content box?

Ebonny x

Thanks for the advice...I am actually getting rid of the orange header and trying out a light blue one.

when you said its too dark and it has too much patterning, were you talking about the whole site or just the header?

martin

Member #
    I think there's too much going on in the header (images)they're all covered in checks which is a horribly pattern to use online, as it makes it look like an image from Ikea kitchens I think it's a good idea that you go lighter, you want people to be able to read your content.
    The keyboard image is a nice touch to have, but I'm not too sure about the clouds. I guess you've just got to keep things really simple and always bear in mind how your audience will use the
    site.

Ebonny

Member #
    My first impression is that you aren't saying enough since those clouds are covering about half the layout.

Other than that I like the layout. I'm into the patterny type stuff, though I would not call it unique. Nonetheless, it looks great to me. Nice work.

Remove Ads