Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Blue Wolf Web Design

What do you think of my site and possible improvments that could be made to it.

If your going to post a fault or design issue then please also post a possible solution.
    Blue Wolf Web Design - Will always get better!

Member #
    I've made some changes to the website.
    What do you think of what I've done?

Member #
    Theres still a large white space between the text and the header. Move the text up. I really dont like the colour of the header. Try a different shade of blue. It looks abit like a MSpaint colour.

Other than that, your site is starting to take shape. Its improved immensely from its first design. Keep on it...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree it looks better.

I like the new button like spheres in the nav, they look better than the old ones.

The simple flash header is a nice touch.

You deffinetly need to get rid of the white space. I notice the top banner and the rounded edge on the left is all one image. You will need to cut this in to two parts in order to move main content section up.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm a bit bored today so I had a quick play:

www.rrss.co.uk/downloads/bluewolf.jpg

Just moved the content and nav up a bit. (also adjusted the levels and auto colour correction on your photo).

Member #
    I've split the banner up into two parts so that I could move the content up and reduce the white space.
    I'm going to take a new picture with better lighting!

Member #
    It dosne't look professional.
    you need more moderness.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcracker
    It dosne't look professional.
    you need more moderness.
    instead of simply criticizing, how about giving him some specific pointers in the ‘right’ direction?

Member #
    I'd like some advice what to do to make the site look better without taking too much time to load (for 56k users) and not confuse visitors.

Member #
    What do you think of the changes made to my site?

Member #
    Hi Peter,

I've let this go for a while without commenting, but during this slow time, nobody seems to want to respond, so...

First of all, please include a link with your new posts so I don't have to go back to find the link .

Okay, white space is still a problem. Beveled background boxes do not solve it. In fact, in some ways it's worse! First of all, they are not very attractive, and they're kitchy. Next, the content does not fit nicely within the boxes. There's still too much space all around, especially the area between the nav and the content, AND, it how has a horizontal scroll bar, a big fat web no-no!

So, someone at some point said something about liking the Flash thing. Personally, I think it's too simple, especially for a portfolio site. Plus, the colors don't match your layout.

If you choose to use some sort of background, there should be more space between the edge of the background and the photo. Right now they are flush, but there should be a margin. On your portfolio pages, you also need more space between your photo and the content.

Some things are centered, some are left-justified. Be consistent (and I would also say don't center the content).

This may sound mean, but it may give you some insight on where I'm coming from when I'm looking at your site...

Picture this, you're learning a new program and you do something and it looks REALLY cool! As you get better at this program, you're making more complicated things and becoming more critical of yourself. Soon, you're making high quality products, each of which takes up hours upon hours of labor. Then you look back at that thing you made when you first began and you laugh. You laugh because it's simple, there's nothing wrong with it, only that now, it looks like something you've produced without actually knowing too much about what you are doing. That's kind of where you are. The Flash thing, the layout. It seems to me like you have what it takes, but you've not yet refined your skills.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads