Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Blue Wolf Web Design

What do you think of my site and possible improvments that could be made to it.

If your going to post a fault or design issue then please also post a possible solution.
    Blue Wolf Web Design - Will always get better!

Member #
    Anyone plz!!!! :speechless:

Member #
    A few things I would suggest:

1. I like the graphic part, why not make a bit more? How bout you make the text on the buttons SOMETHING other than TNR?

2. The nav bar is different lengths on different pages, and it's not really a problem...it just looks weird when it changes :P

3. Polly want a table? You could try using some bordered tables with the "table" "tr" and "td" tags. If you don't know how to do that, then look it up on googlie.

4. I like the fact that the forum DOES open in a new window, as mine does on my site...but maybe you could go through a few tuts to find out how to mess with its appearance.

5. Try to play with words a bit too. To my liking "visit" sounds better than "go to" (referring to main page)

6. Also, the columns, on the main page, are like one line break different height-wise (at the top)...and would appear better if they were even.

7. Don't be shy to add some CSS for a bit of "pizazz". Sometimes CSS does the trick of aligning and styling. I don't see ANY valiad CSS in your code. Try to add a bit more. I'll post some CSS help sites in my next post.

8. Way too much white space. I think it would look better maybe with some sort of VERY light background, if you refuse not to fill it with content. You should budget your space. Instead of scrolling down, I would want to look across the page. Also, the text reaches from like one side of the page to the other. It just looks like one long, boring line, that's really hard to read, because it's easy to get lost in your reading when things are presented black on white (wink wink)

9. My personal opinion on the rollies: I love that they do in fact work, but I don't like TNR and yellow on blue. Maybe a dark blue, and some bold 1 size arial would look nice. Play around with em'.

10. " once install has complete it will ask you to delete the contrib and install folders." Please DON'T use ANY abbreviations, as they confuse numbnuts like me. Also, keep your font consistent and check your grammar.

I hope my 10 tips of design have helped. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

check out my sites:

BNSAL: www.bnsal.com
    WIZDUDE: www.wizdude.com

Member #
    Thank you for the advice.

Member #
    Hi Peter,
    I think you could really benefit from learning CSS, even if it's just the basics of font formatting. The only style I saw in your code is to make links not underlined.

And speaking of underlined, it's generally a bad idea to underline things that are NOT links (e.g. "Welcome...") because people like me want to click them.

Ditto Wizdude on the white space and the changing of the menu bar. It is set up to match the length of the content, but it's not necessary to have it that long, and the jump is very awkward.

The photograph has a lot of background. Not to sound mean, but the photo itself (not you) is a little boring. Plus, it looks like it's stuck on the page like it would be to a wall, and is in no way integrated with the rest of the layout.

The header does not glue correctly, look at the round inside corner. And for that matter, all the corners are different amounts of shading.

I like how you've created texture in your heading, but again, there's too much white space (or blue space if you want to get picky). (Is that what Wizdude meant in #1?)

When selling yourself, do not say what you don't do (Frontpage or Dreamweaver) and emphasize what you CAN do.

And finally, please format the navigation font. Times New Roman looks good on nothing.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    DSScene...exactly. #1= I was talking about the overuse of times new roman, and the underuse of graphics :P

check out my sites:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wizdude
    DSScene...exactly. #1= I was talking about the overuse of times new roman, and the underuse of graphics :P
    Actually, I think we're talking about two different things, but they are related. My comment refers to the texturing on the TOP of the header. As in I'd like to see more of it, including on the NAV of the header.

ps. It's DC, like the city.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Yeah...that's what I meant by "graphic elements" :P. Just kinda...being consistant and fashionable :P

check out my sites:

Member #
    I have made some changes.
    What could I do to that picture to make it more attractive (not me)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads