Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey what you guys think of my portfolio?

http://personal.torontoview.com/blake/website.htm

Thanks

Member #
    Could use a Title Tag

Member #
    It has a title tag, needs to be modified from <title>Unnamed Document</title>.

Member #
    what megablaz said ... you need to add a title ... critical for seo

Member #
    It's a bit bland. It really doesn't show how you stand out from every other Flash designer out there. I mean, you don't even have a contact form made in Flash (people can do that, right?)... A Hotmail address just doesn't cut it either.

When I think of a good Flash site I see something intricate and eye catching. I like what you've done with the background, adding those lines. I like how one "shines" every so often. It's still plain though. The lack of color and recognisable images (organic or geometric shapes) is the downfall.

The page titles are great! I really like those. If you did something like that for a page background, toned it down a bit at made parts of it "shine" like those lines it would be really good.

You could make a really great site out of this. Liven it up a bit, for a start.

Member #
    Forgive me for being blunt, I've been working all day, it's past 11, and after this I am going home to bed.

The first thing I read is BlakeO. Try rearranging the typography so it reads more naturally.

Other than that, when I first looked at your site, it looked pretty neat. But (and here's where I start getting critical) as I spent more time reading and navigating, I liked it less and less. Here are some reasons why:

The highlights that run through your content area, even though they are not constant, at least twice interfered with the text I was reading.

Every page loads slowly.

I don't understand the red buttons and blue highlight color on the bottom.

Numbers give me NO indication whatsoever about what you are doing in your portfolio. I'd much prefer descriptions or titles to the projects. Also, a screenshot would be nice, and would eliminate the need for the "link" button.

Now here comes the editor...
    I can tell you are a good storyteller by the introduction on your home page, I would like to see this kind of pizzaz in the copy for your portfolio pieces.
    The Result, Expanded Knowledge <next page> The Result, Expanded Knowledge of Flash
    Me: Yawn.

An aside, it would be more proper to use a colon instead of a comma.

Okay, so I like your storytelling, but the whole talking-about-oneself-in-third-person thing is NOT working too well here. It's kind of working, but I know you are the one talking. Make sense?

Finally, from your editor, some grammar notes... Flash should be capitalized every time, it is a proper noun. And at the bottom of your page, you've listed versions for two of the softwares you use. For consistency purposes, you should either group them, or list the versions of all four. I'd go for the former.

I hope my critique is helpful, I know I tend to scrutinize more than other people here, that's just my style.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #

Remove Ads