Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Web Associates

Finally. Up. We got our new corporate site up (first since '02) and it's awesome. I was responsibly for the HTML Architecture (about 95% or so) of the site, rest of it goes to my awesome team. Check it out, leave your comments.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Nice site, but I feel like the gray is less than inviting. It reminds me of the default page color during the beginnings of the internet.

The Flash banner on the main page is awesome! I like how the side links are vertical, but they are a bit rough to read.

Some of the header images are so atmospheric; I especially like one with greenish trees.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    They did AMD's site? uummmm.....
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    No, but AMD is one of WA's clients WA did a developer site for AMD.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The site is well finished and looks well made but it falls short of 'awesome' for me. The grey is certainly a bit overpowering but the site as a whole doesn't really tie in together that well. I get the feeling of a few objects placed in the browser window with no obvious page structure.

For instance on the index page the vertical links at the right of the flash banner don't really do anything obvious other than change the banner. A second click on the banner itself is required to then open the section at which point those links move down to the left below the banner. Meanwhile there's another set of links stuck up at the top right of the page which take you away from the sections in the main nav and it seems that you have to click on the top left logo to reload the index flash if you want to get back into strategy, design, etc...

The actual text of the pages is small and not very comfortable to read.

Maybe it's just me but unfortunately my first reaction was of a site with some very good flash and graphics but a poor structure and content that's obfuscated.

It reminds me of www.orange.com - pretty but a nightmare to actually use when you need it.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hmm, points well noted. Although, the front page flash is only a teaser graphic. Those sections are readily available under Expertise>Services, or from the Expertise page. They're the main pages advertising what we do and how we do it, so the object is to drive people there foremost.

As for that orange site, what is Orange? I wonder if the people designing their site realized that no where in the entire site does it say what orange is. It gives you the history of orange, their brand philosophies, press releases, etc - but never does it say what they do. What is orange?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's interesting, I thought Orange was an international company. It's a very big (turnover in the billions) mobile phone network in the UK and Europe. Certainly in the UK the recognition of the brand Orange is on a par with MacDonalds and Coke.

What you say about their site brings up an interesting point, they don't say what they do because they believe that everybody already knows. An obvious error in judgement on their part.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ahh, nope. We (pretty much) just have Cingular and Verizon now. Controls something like 95% of cell phones in the US between those two companies.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've never heard of either of those two companies.

Back to your site, I've had another look at the Expertise section and I see what you mean about the index being a teaser. Personally I would have found it easier to understand if the index was more (dare I say it) like a splash page and less like a hub page. Also more emphasis on the expertise link would have drawn my attention to it as more than just a secondary level of nav. Usually when I see press and contact us I assume the links in that block are for information and less important information.

Also changing the link text from Strategy to Strategic Services means there isn't an immediate mental link between the two - it's almost as though they are different things.

Member #
    Nice site Brak. Me likey...
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads