Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is my site I have nearly finished to advertise my services:

www.rrss.co.uk

It's not 100% finished, not sure quite what to do with it yet.

I'd appreciate and opinions, tips, comments and suggestions.

I'm particualy unsure about if the 'Web Facts' and 'Check Domain' boxes are a good idea or not.

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    I think you spelled "galleries" wrong in your flash movie. Also, maybe you should define what RRSS stands for somewhere on the front page.

Member #
    There are some spelling and grammar issues, so you may want to give the text a good read.

I like the design. It's clean and displays nicely. The different content boxes are well defined. The smooth corners are a nice touch.

Nice work.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks,

Yeah I deffinetly need a full spell and grammer check.

I can't realy define what RRSS stands for cos it dosn't realy mean anything. I choose the name becasue I got a free domain with the hosting service.

The only reason got a bit of server space was to learn PHP, I wasn't realy planning on offering services. The reason I choose RRSS is just becasue it's short and it's my initails, twice.

Member #
    I also like the design. The web fact box is particuarly nice. What I would say is the main title banner, along with the rest of the site, is very soft. I'm just wondering if the main banner should be a little more vivid, as you have some very bright images here and there (like the various arrows, the postbox and your flash vid) which make that main banner really fade into the background. Also, on your main page, the green and red arrows *just* overlap the edge of the rounded corners. Personally I'd either increase the overlap, move them further inside the box to eliminate the overlap or bring the corners of the boxes in front of the arrow images so the rounded corners cut them off a little.

On your work page, you have the little images set as links to their respective sites. The bottom half of the bottom image is not set to link to anything like the top half is.

Overall, a nice, friendly design, with some really neat little facets.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a measure of security, deserve neither liberty nor security"
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks aceadrian1,

Yeah, I think I know what you mean about the title being a bit 'soft' I've now increaded the satuation and contrast a bit and it dose kinda fit in more with the rest of the site.

As for the Works pages, I'm not sure what you mean here. The title for each site should be a link, as should the small thumbnail to the righ, but the actual text should link. It seems to work on my computer, if it still dosn't on yours let me know, could be a problem.

Cheers.

Member #
    That soft feeling is very nice - I think it's very effective. I also like the shadows behind every text box!

Regarding the web facts box, the square box surrounding the text seems out of place (as well as the oversized buttons as aceadrian1 mentioned).

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi cladode,

Do you mean the box surrounding the web fact text is not aligned or you think it would be better without it?

I agree with the comments on the arrows I'm working on that now.

Cheers,

Member #
    Hmm, that link seems to be working fine now. Yeah, the arrows on the homepage look much better now.

Nice work.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a measure of security, deserve neither liberty nor security"
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Remove Ads