Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey,

I've redesigned my site again.. Wondering what you all thing.. It's more lightweight and bright than the other 1, for those of you that know of it.. Any thing I should change? I know the 1 problem I have with it now is the short pages look a little off.. Opinions will be appreciated and thanks!

http://www.chaosconcepts.net

Patrick
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    Hi Patrick,

Great work! Very smart. If I was to be picky I'd say you could make better use of the top left where the sunset is, but I'm not, so I won't

Just wondering, which font did you use on the "Welcome to chaosconcepts.net" and other title images?

Cheers,

Richard

Member #
    Hey,

Thanks for the comment.. I used Trebuchet MS for those.. I did it in photoshop.. With Sharp Anti-Aliasing and 10pt for the leading..

Patrick
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.

Member #
    Well, where is the DHTML you're talking about in your title?
    Do you think this is better than your last one?
    I'd like some higher contrast in those images. It all seems too anti-aliased...
    I was just wondering - how do you use the trackback function in your blog?

Member #
    DHTML in my title? I don't recall saying that..

I like this better than my last one. It is more pleasant and inviting. Plus it degrades better. Plus it has a real logo, so branding is possible.

Anti-Aliased? Hmm.. What res/monitor type are you using? I don't really sense any anti-aliasing in the header..

I have no Idea how that trackback thing works. I just used Wordpress and didn't take that off because I thought some may find it useful(I've seen it on other blog sites)

--------------------

Do YOU think this is better than my previous design?

If you don't, what do you think is missing/wrong with this 1.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Member #
    I quote from the website:

"Need a website designe? No need to look any further!"

Spot the spelling mistake?

Also, the "sunset" image you have at the top: The bottom edge of it is not aligned with the bottom edge of the blue box to its right. It looks bad, IMHO, and they should align... See attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Physt
    DHTML in my title? I don't recall saying that..
    See the red circles - well - you don't claim to have any resourses about it, but you do talk about it a bit, which might make you think you have something special about it on your site...

I like this better than my last one. It is more pleasant and inviting. Plus it degrades better. Plus it has a real logo, so branding is possible.
    Anti-Aliased? Hmm.. What res/monitor type are you using? I don't really sense any anti-aliasing in the header..
    Take a look at the blue area I circled - and compare to what I think would look a bit better, right above - use a more white colour - it will make it look less sunken into the blue...Also you might wanna try to make it less compressed, since that might contribute - I mean, it'll still be very fast loading.

I have no Idea how that trackback thing works. I just used Wordpress and didn't take that off because I thought some may find it useful(I've seen it on other blog sites)
    I know some stuff about it - that you can send a 'message' of some sort to that uri to make the blog tool you're using add a trackback comment - it means someone has written in her/his blog about it. But I was more wondering how you do it... Thought you had done it by yourself ^^.

--------------------

Do YOU think this is better than my previous design?

If you don't, what do you think is missing/wrong with this 1.
    Well, personally, it's ok - but I don't think brown mixes very nice with lightblue. I think it need a little 'bite', as the leopard say in the schweppes advertisement =). (you might not have that advertisement in the UK)... Note that this is just my personal opinion - but I would try to go for a bit less ordered header - maybe increase the size of the sunset image to the full height to the size of my brown circle.

And also, since this is your work site, I would put either three dots or just one after your sentenses, hehe. (under latest work)

Thanks,
    Patrick
    PS - don't worry, your logo is really there, I just removed it for clearity.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Err.. I wrote this whole big reply but it disappeared.. Short version:

I will fix copy.

I will experiment with the header.. and I Will fill the content area more.. And make it more interesting..

Thanks for the great comments..
    Patrick

Member #
    Ahh.. I see ... the <title>! .. Yeah.. that's just for keywords for SEO.. I do DHTML so it's fair to put that their.. Plus, in the tutorials section there is a little bit about that..

Member #
    Ok.. I have updated it .. What do you think of the header area as it is now? Better? Worse? I think it's better.. More visible logo and text + more symettrical..

Remove Ads