Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: finished!

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone,

"Thanks to the people on this forum who helped me along with the process, my client, friends, family, my boxer hound, Zeus..for putting up with me, my lovely wife.. (MUSIC STARTS UP AGAIN)
    Wait wait I'm not finished!!"

www.coloredink.org

OK, the site I created was for a poetry performance group in San Francisco, and it was challenging because I have never designed in the "hip hop" style. Most sites I've done were for small corporate clients, doctors, lawyers, chiropractors..e.t.c.

But now I'm having a little difficulty in effectively advertising the work I did on this site. It's a big deal because this has been my most advanced and creative project yet. I can only go so far with word of mouth, so I just wanted to know what works for you when you advertise your site in the real-world? Online is not a problem..I'll simply go into my portfolio site, and add a link to the poetry site. But I want to be more of a people person, and treat my project and portfolio site as if it was a magazine. Any tips on marketing?

Flyers at a networking party? Would that help?

Member #
    For the site: nice work, I really like it.

Only thing I would add is maybe a link to skip the starting film (many visitors might find a flash animation boring and wanna go straight to the site).

And the menu on the left site is completely messed up. (See the attached screenshot.) I use Firefox as browser. It works in IE perfectly though.

As for advertising your site: I would say flyers in some libariers, small theaters or that sort of advertising, since there are the most people who might are interested in a poetry performance group.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Requires Flash to even get to the (possibly) non-Flash content. A double sin.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads