Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ok, forget glass, now I'm thinking about using a metallic looking nav...

The concept here is of brushed aluminum background with polished spheres in between nav items. Not sure how I'll work rollovers, but probably by splitting the item down the middle (vertically) and expanding the item from there.

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I like it, you could go a few different ways with that...
    I admit I looked at the graphic first and then read your post, and I thought the spheres were going to be the navigational pieces, the focus of this piece of work. I dont know how, I guess it was just a first impression

This has a lot of potential though, it could be thrown into flash and then the animation possibilities are endless, or you could make some simple rollovers that would look really cool too. Can't wait to see what you decide.

JR
    Member #
    i like it, good work :classic: - for the rollovers you could have a semi transparent colour going over the metal buttons, i think that would look pretty cool.
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Works for me too. It kinda looks...metally. Yeah. That's a word.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ok, I've been playing around with the design a bit, and this is what I came up with.

Opinions, please

Member #
    I like it. Only thing I can say is that the words in nav bar seem to not stand out enough. "Solutions" looks nice, but the other words blend a little. I think it may be the top half of the chrome doin something weird to it, I dunno. It looks fine on my LCD, but on my CRT, the words are harder to make out.

Also, what color are you thinking about for the bg of the whole page?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I know what you mean about the navigation, splufdaddy. It's the inset effect that's doing it.

Meanwhile, here's an update on the content:

Member #
    Its awesome transio
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Thanks, Supra. I think I'm gonna play with the drop downs a little more and see what I can come up with. I'll post again tomorrow with whatever updates I have.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Other than the menu itself, I think it's nice and clean. What if you chose not to fill the text and just used the Stroke tool in Photoshop to draw an outline around it?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads